Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I doubt we'll ever agree on anything where football's concerned like, Brett. It's just never going to happen is it?

Never really been a Carroll fan. Bit of soft spot for him being a local lad and all that but never really rated him. Still astounds me when I think we got 35 million for him.

Carroll was unstoppable for that 12 month period before he left. I never rated him that highly previous to that, but to be fair he forced me to change my mind. I don't know if he was just inspired at the time, but it was magic.

Guest firetotheworks

That header away to Wolves, was it? Fuck, you could get a lass pregnant with a header like that.

I doubt we'll ever agree on anything where football's concerned like, Brett. It's just never going to happen is it?

:lol: Possibly not. Many people love him, can see why they love him, he's just not for me. Style wise and ability wise. He's turned out to be far better than I ever thought he possibly would be and fair play to him on that account, do like to see him doing well but just never been a huge fan of his since I watched him come through from under 18's.

Never really been a Carroll fan. Bit of soft spot for him being a local lad and all that but never really rated him. Still astounds me when I think we got 35 million for him.

Carroll was unstoppable for that 12 month period before he left. I never rated him that highly previous to that, but to be fair he forced me to change my mind. I don't know if he was just inspired at the time, but it was magic.

He was, no doubt about it. I just always felt it was that sort of patch strikers can go through and there was as much chance it could end and he could have the worst 12 months. That period of him was exceptional to watch the way he just bullied everyone around him on the pitch, brilliant.

I used to care about winning and getting higher up the table. Now I just want to enjoy watching us again. Despite being in a Pardew team HBA was able to offer something exciting. Don't care about lost balls, resale value, tracking back, yards covered, £ per goal, % of teams who get relegated after cup runs and all that rubbish - just seeing him pick up the ball, run at the opponent and create something made me feel the excitement I used to get watching us. Was the same with guys like Robert, Dyer, Bellamy and even guys like Martins to an extent. Now we line up with 7 defensive players and try and contain. Makes me sad.

Word.

I used to care about winning and getting higher up the table. Now I just want to enjoy watching us again. Despite being in a Pardew team HBA was able to offer something exciting. Don't care about lost balls, resale value, tracking back, yards covered, £ per goal, % of teams who get relegated after cup runs and all that rubbish - just seeing him pick up the ball, run at the opponent and create something made me feel the excitement I used to get watching us. Was the same with guys like Robert, Dyer, Bellamy and even guys like Martins to an extent. Now we line up with 7 defensive players and try and contain. Makes me sad.

Word.

Where the fuck have you been?

Gosling on the right -> We lose games -> Pardew gets fired

I like the cut of his jib.

Gosling on the right -> We break all kinds of negative records -> Pardew more invincible than ever

Guest firetotheworks

Gosling on the right -> We lose games -> Pardew gets fired

I like the cut of his jib.

Gosling on the right -> We break all kinds of negative records -> Pardew more invincible than ever

Pardew on the right > We lose > We dont enjoy it. x Gonna order a curry.x

Guest bimpy474

Just go ahead and rewatch the Stoke 5-1 match. HBA took the piss man, and If I'm right...AP didn't start him versus Arsenal right?

Yep, dropped him. Basically it really didn't matter how well Hatem played.