Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Hull 3/1 to finish top 10 looks good.

Bruce has bought very well, they will be above us that's for sure

It's a sad state of affairs when Hull appear to have more ambition than us.

As a 30 year old, I've supported NUFC since I was at school, which was the Keegan era. Obviously I've seen a lot of highs and lows in that time, but today, like many others I feel well and truly done and finally ready to wash my hands of it all.

They have extinguished our one last hope. Literally the only feeling which compares to this is when SBR was sacked, and then replaced with Souness. We were riding high at the time with some really good players so I guess that sickly feeling was more to do with being incredulous at the silly logic by the people at the top, rather than fear and hopelessness for the future. Getting rid of literally both our best defender and best player when the club needs them more than ever... it really beggars belief. I have never felt this way in all my years. Not even relegation, not even Carroll, not even the Souness or Allardyce years, not even when Keegan left first or second time. I think this time, it is the biggest middle finger up to the fans that could have been done. And after so long me just grinning and bearing it, or just accepting our fate or wistfully hoping for the best, they've done it, they've finally broken me.

The club feels like an Orwellian nightmare at the moment, a vindictive regime whos aim is to break the spirit of anyone who dares to dream or dares to defy. It reminds me of the film equilibrium, where 'feeling' is a thought crime and punishable. Hence we are reduced to becoming passionless, joyless robots who will accept or like what they have dished out for us or else. Although Keegan left in 1997 after Newcastle were floated on the stock exchange against his will, it has never felt like such a corporate machine. This is suppression. Don't dream. Don't you dare believe. Don't get too attached to your heroes. Keep turning up. Paying your money. Rinse and repeat.

It is a hell of an achievement to literally take the most passionate supporters in England and to drive the passion out of them within 5-7 years. Honestly, a hell of an achievement.

Do not get me started on Pardew. Here is a man with literally ZERO dignity and delusions of grandeur, who is woefully out of his depth. A car crash, a pure embarassment. I wince every day I realise he is associated with us. If he survives the season, he'll be our longest serving PL manager. Disgusting.

People talk about Anfield and St James Park being 'electric' in their atmosphere. I'm not sure St James Park will be any time soon, given the apathy and state of many supporters. And they don't really deserve it anymore.

This has freed my emotions at least - I can't really be bothered to get too attached to this s**** anymore. I support Ben Arfa, just like Keegan and SBR and all the other martyrs, victims and fall guys of the system. All I  say is - do not fall for the clubs propaganda. They lie over and over. They are indicative of a totalitarian, police state. HBA was the symbol of the revolution, the uprising. They've ripped the heart out of that. There are two responses - the revolution can die a death, without its figurehead. Or this can be the straw that breaks the camels back, and the level of vitriol or boycott should be so significant that it brings about change.

There's not enough thinkers amongst the fans to make this likely, unfortunately. Sad times.

:clap:

Mongs are out in the nufc Facebook announcement.

Yep.  So many stating he is fat and that the players don't like him.  One said the full backs will be pleased as he's a terrible 'winger' and doesn't 'track back'........

Oh and one lad said Cabella is better  :idiot2:

Guest reefatoon

Mongs are out in the nufc Facebook announcement.

Yep.  So many stating he is fat and that the players don't like him.  One said the full backs will be pleased as he's a terrible 'winger' and doesn't 'track back'........

Oh and one lad said Cabella is better  :idiot2:

Thick cunt obviously doesn't understand the job of a winger