Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Was he any good then?

Lost the ball twice and the score was 2-0. You decide.

How can you form an opinion with that information? Lost the ball twice? So did plenty of other players, there are 11 players responsible for the score line. If we're honest, France weren't up to it today, hardly surprising really, kind of a hollow victory for England.

Was he any good then?

Lost the ball twice and the score was 2-0. You decide.

How can you form an opinion with that information? Lost the ball twice? So did plenty of other players, there are 11 players responsible for the score line. If we're honest, France weren't up to it today, hardly surprising really, kind of a hollow victory for England.

I were taking the piss. But carry on.

Thought he would be the one to make something happen for France, if anyone, in the first half but got hooked anyway. They've got so much competition for places in those spots and politically he's riskier/doesn't play for as glamorous a clubs as his contenders so I wouldn't expect to see him too much at the Euros. Kingsley/Griezzmann/Martial will all be ahead of him in wide forward positions IMO.

They'll be an outcry here but Gibbs had acres of space to attack.

I agree, HBA didn't have a very good game and anyone saying he did is blinded by their love for him.

Clyne had far more attacking forays then Gibbs, but let's not mention that if it doesn't fit in with your narrative.

They'll be an outcry here but Gibbs had acres of space to attack.

I agree, HBA didn't have a very good game and anyone saying he did is blinded by their love for him.

Clyne had far more attacking forays then Gibbs, but let's not mention that if it doesn't fit in with your narrative.

whatever.

For some reason people always seem to judge Ben Arfa on a different scale to the rest of his teammates. It's true that he wasn't amazing last night, but he was easily one of France's best players in the first half. It was the same when he played for us. He would get dropped for one bad performance while the likes of Gouffran and Ryan Taylor were allowed to put in horrific performances on a weekly basis.

I actually saw the France lineup with two strikers in Gignac and Martial, and figured they'd lineup like Nice do i.e. with Ben Arfa behind a front two, to see him in that same position for France.

Would have been smart to put him in a similar position, especially because they have enough quality central midfielders to play in a midfield three. Would have worked nicely.

Stupid Didier. His loss.