Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

lovely cruyff

Nice play with so much swagger no matter where they are on the pitch nor no matter what the score is.  Every player not afraid to express themselves and take risks.

Hatem almost slides in a pass to assist a 4th.

Some very nice mooves. He has watched from close by the opponent so that was sometimes hard. But played well collectivley speaking, and he is managinig to make his teammates play better.

Not his best match, but what a chance for Nice to have him.

If you put any stock in whoscored statistical analysis, he's the third best attacking player in Ligue 1 behind Zlatan and Di Maria.

Di Maria flopped in England, Zlatan has consistently played poorly vs English teams. I've never seen any of them get stuck in either, much rather Pardew over any of that lot.

Next.

I know the original post is a daft wind up but I'd love Zlatan to spend a season or 2 in England and tear s*** up. He's a lot better than Drogba was for example, and Drogba blitzed it here even in his old age.

I think Zlatan is quite underrated, he's the closest player to Zidane in terms of style since he retired imo, with a dash of Cantona thrown in. His attitude gets in the way of people's perceptions of him as a footballer. I've seen him play some games for Sweden where the opposition just don't know what to do with him, so they all just stand off while he literally walks with the ball from half way to near the box before they try to make themselves look like fools by trying to tackle or press.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1438394.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.jpg

Nearly chocked on my food when that happened... But I think my favourite goal of his is that karate backheel against Bastia. Just incredible how completely in control he seems of the whole situation.

Guest firetotheworks

He was poor in the Champions League for a while like. That's why he seemed overrated and he was at the time, but he's obviously massively backed it up since. The ultimate striker in some ways.

Personally I always acknowledged he had lots of the attributes needed to be a monster but I thought he was unintelligent and, more importantly to me, not a killer in front of goal.

I was wrong on both counts.