Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I think Ben Arfa is a class player but the way everyone sides with him over Pardew without knowing what's gone on is ridiculous.

We know what's gone on. Ben Arfa was left out of the team, saved Pardew numerous times when he was turned to in desperation, and was then dropped and blamed for our bad form. At worst he's argued with Pardew about style of play and blamed him for results. He's right on both counts.

If I was amazing at my job but was a total twat in the office, was really disruptive and fell out with everyone, do you think the company would just grin and bear it? Would they bollocks I'd be disciplined like anyone else.

So? It's top flight football, it doesn't compare. Being disciplined is one thing, he's been completely ostracised.

The fact Ben Arfa has fallen out with almost every manager he's had leaves him as the common denominator. We'll never get any answers from Pardew but the clamouring to get him back in the team does my head in.

The team would be much better with him in it, it's as simple as that. Pardew should find a way to make it work. Instead he's had it in for him since the start. Even small things like benching him for ages and then bringing him back for Man U away just so he could say he's not up to it have been forgotten.

Argh, don't feed him, man.

Really, by now if you're still somehow this blind after being explained the situation a thousand times by not just fellow fans, but reality itself, you don't deserve any help. Let the sheep be the sheep.

I think Ben Arfa is a class player but the way everyone sides with him over Pardew without knowing what's gone on is ridiculous.

If I was amazing at my job but was a total t*** in the office, was really disruptive and fell out with everyone, do you think the company would just grin and bear it? Would they bollocks I'd be disciplined like anyone else.

The fact Ben Arfa has fallen out with almost every manager he's had leaves him as the common denominator. We'll never get any answers from Pardew but the clamouring to get him back in the team does my head in.

f*** off

Its like you being at work saying what your manager is doing wrong and being made to clean the toilets

If I was amazing at my job but was a total t*** in the office, was really disruptive and fell out with everyone, do you think the company would just grin and bear it? Would they bollocks I'd be disciplined like anyone else.

Pardew is a grade one cunt who not only should be sacked due to his shit management but should have been banned from the club after the pathetic incident at Hull. How he can have the nerve to have a go at any player about anything is a total disgrace.

I love it how nobody gave a fuck about his disciplinary problems when he signed and now it's being used as a stick to beat him with, to justify the position of a shite manager who wouldn't give him a look-in when we were getting hammered every week and the alternatives looked hopeless and/or clearly out of position.

Pardew is a grade one cunt who not only should be sacked due to his shit management but should have been banned from the club after the pathetic incident at Hull. How he can have the nerve to have a go at any player about anything is a total disgrace.

For 'professionalism' nonetheless :lol:

The irony...

We know what's gone on. Ben Arfa was left out of the team, saved Pardew numerous times when he was turned to in desperation, and was then dropped and blamed for our bad form. At worst he's argued with Pardew about style of play and blamed him for results. He's right on both counts.

If I was amazing at my job but was a total twat in the office, was really disruptive and fell out with everyone, do you think the company would just grin and bear it? Would they bollocks I'd be disciplined like anyone else.

So? It's top flight football, it doesn't compare. Being disciplined is one thing, he's been completely ostracised.

The team would be much better with him in it, it's as simple as that. Pardew should find a way to make it work. Instead he's had it in for him since the start. Even small things like benching him for ages and then bringing him back for Man U away just so he could say he's not up to it have been forgotten.

Be careful with the last point, that's in "Pards played a blinder" territory.

Guest neesy111

Both sides are to blame, but Pardew is the Manager and he's supposed to manage his players and deal with personalities of all types.  It's usually shite managers that can't deal with personalties in the dressing room.

Jesus lads calm down!

Wasn't looking for bites nor am I a troll....

Ah just an idiot then

The irony.

Anyway fwiw I think Ally has a point. In this situation, HBA has been treated ridiculously by Pardew. It's not hard to see why their relationship has deteriorated and Pardew has cut off his nose in spite of his face to save his ego. However, I firmly reckon that Ben Arfa would have played some part, would this have happened under a different manager? Judging by HBA's track record and reports about his attitude, probably.