Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I think a lot of the defending of HBA comes from the idea that the majority of the shit that comes out of the club is absolute bullshit and there's no reason whatsoever to believe a fucking thing they say. He's unfit? He's looks great. He's unprofessional? The manager headbutted a dude.

They should just say that the two don't get along and we're siding with the guy that loses every fucking week instead of the exact type of player that makes us love this game.

I think Ben Arfa is a class player but the way everyone sides with him over Pardew without knowing what's gone on is ridiculous.

If I was amazing at my job but was a total t*** in the office, was really disruptive and fell out with everyone, do you think the company would just grin and bear it? Would they bollocks I'd be disciplined like anyone else.

The fact Ben Arfa has fallen out with almost every manager he's had leaves him as the common denominator. We'll never get any answers from Pardew but the clamouring to get him back in the team does my head in.

I'd rather be a twat and amazing at my job than a twat and shit at my job like a certain Pardew

Couldn't have said it better.

Tbh, I think much of the defending of HBA is to do with his figure as someone who is clearly against Pardew as we are. He's become a symbol against Pardew and the club. Hence his name being sang at matches and the Che Ben Arfa banner. He's a cause celebre amongst the support.

Which I guess explains why he's practically immune to criticism on here. Folk twisting every story that comes out so that Ben Arfa is the hero, the man with morals, the one with the guts to stand up to Pardew because it fits the rationale that Pardew is a f***ing moron. I suspect though that Ben Arfa played more of a part in his downfall than some like to admit, not on the pitch, but off it, especially if his track record/tittle tattle 'gossip' is to be considered.

I think it's because people want to see Ben Arfa in the team BUT that goes against the cowardice philosophy Pardew has

I have no issues seeing Ben Arfa get tackled 5 times because you know on the 6th attempt he will score a Bolton like goal or destroy some left back

The alternative is watching the likes of Gouffran, who don't lose the ball BUT that's because they run towards the opposition players, stop and then pass it back or sideways. That is not football for me, that's turgid and is not what we remember growing up, I won't remember the safe play of Gouffran BUT I certainly will never forget Ben Arfa taking players on and scoring goals

f*** Pardew and f*** negative football

Which I guess explains why he's practically immune to criticism on here. Folk twisting every story that comes out so that Ben Arfa is the hero, the man with morals, the one with the guts to stand up to Pardew because it fits the rationale that Pardew is a fucking moron.

I don't know, I'm failing to see the flaw in their logic here.

Tbh, I think much of the defending of HBA is to do with his figure as someone who is clearly against Pardew as we are. He's become a symbol against Pardew and the club. Hence his name being sang at matches and the Che Ben Arfa banner. He's a cause celebre amongst the support.

Which I guess explains why he's practically immune to criticism on here. Folk twisting every story that comes out so that Ben Arfa is the hero, the man with morals, the one with the guts to stand up to Pardew because it fits the rationale that Pardew is a f***ing moron. I suspect though that Ben Arfa played more of a part in his downfall than some like to admit, not on the pitch, but off it, especially if his track record/tittle tattle 'gossip' is to be considered.

I think it's because people want to see Ben Arfa in the team BUT that goes against the cowardice philosophy Pardew has

I have no issues seeing Ben Arfa get tackled 5 times because you know on the 6th attempt he will score a Bolton like goal or destroy some left back

The alternative is watching the likes of Gouffran, who don't lose the ball BUT that's because they run towards the opposition players, stop and then pass it back or sideways. That is not football for me, that's turgid and is not what we remember growing up, I won't remember the safe play of Gouffran BUT I certainly will never forget Ben Arfa taking players on and scoring goals

Gouffran loses the ball plenty of times too.

:thup: For teams like us who don't have much of a chance of winning things its about entertainment and Ben Arfa brings entertainment that the rest of our players don't

Cheers some rational thinking DZ

Pardew's ego clearly plays a part here but as Manager he has to form a TEAM. If someone is too disruptive to the detriment of the team then something has to change.

Take Alex Ferguson, or Mourinho - would they tolerate a bad egg? Would they f***.

And to be clear, I want Pardew out as much as the next man

The same was said when we sold Bellamy for less than we bought him for because Graeme Souness claimed he was disruptive. Do you think that worked out for the benefit of NUFC?

Tbf, at least we went out and broke the club record to try and replace him. If we went and spent £20m on a Ben Arfa replacement then I'd be happy.

Which I guess explains why he's practically immune to criticism on here. Folk twisting every story that comes out so that Ben Arfa is the hero, the man with morals, the one with the guts to stand up to Pardew because it fits the rationale that Pardew is a fucking moron. I suspect though that Ben Arfa played more of a part in his downfall than some like to admit, not on the pitch, but off it, especially if his track record/tittle tattle 'gossip' is to be considered.

On the contrary, the mistreatment of HBA has been a very consistent theme of the man's management. Personally I was pulling my hair out over it going right back to late 2011, a classic example being when we played Swansea at home, drew 0-0 and he brought the Ameobi Bros and Vuckic off the bench while Ben Arfa stayed on it.

This isn't a recent development based on anybody's hatred of the manager, it is in fact one of the biggest reasons for the utter disdain that most of us have for the man.

You can't treat a human being the way he has treated HBA and expect positive results. Blamed for things that aren't his fault, held to far higher standards than everybody else, dropped following good performances - if anybody wants to compare to an everyday setting, if you do that consistently with one employee, it's fairly likely they'll tell you to stick your job. A quick peek in the Job Thread will tell you that.

I think a lot of the defending of HBA comes from the idea that the majority of the s*** that comes out of the club is absolute bullshit and there's no reason whatsoever to believe a f***ing thing they say. He's unfit? He's looks great. He's unprofessional? The manager headbutted a dude.

They should just say that the two don't get along and we're siding with the guy that loses every f***ing week instead of the exact type of player that makes us love this game.

:thup:

Players and managers fall out all the time, and some players are more difficult than others. I'm sure that the current crisis, which dates from the end of last season, isn't the first time that Pardew and Ben Arfa have clashed.

What seemed to happen last season though was Ben Arfa decided to use the media and his popularity among many supporters to put pressure on Pardew. Ben Arfa is always going to win a PR battle, but once you cross that line there's really no way back. This public rally of his supporters, if it comes off, is just the latest and fiercest shot in that battle.

Obviously if you're of the opinion that anything that's bad for Pardew is good for the club then you'll be happy. But I just see this as another example of the kind of behaviour that has ruined his career at every club. When the crunch comes, he drifts into a selfish ego-trip and doesn't think about his team-mates, his manager, his club or frankly anyone else. If you think he really cares about the supporters, think again.

:lol: What a massive shock that you feel this way.

Players and managers fall out all the time, and some players are more difficult than others. I'm sure that the current crisis, which dates from the end of last season, isn't the first time that Pardew and Ben Arfa have clashed.

What seemed to happen last season though was Ben Arfa decided to use the media and his popularity among many supporters to put pressure on Pardew. Ben Arfa is always going to win a PR battle, but once you cross that line there's really no way back. This public rally of his supporters, if it comes off, is just the latest and fiercest shot in that battle.

Obviously if you're of the opinion that anything that's bad for Pardew is good for the club then you'll be happy. But I just see this as another example of the kind of behaviour that has ruined his career at every club. When the crunch comes, he drifts into a selfish ego-trip and doesn't think about his team-mates, his manager, his club or frankly anyone else. If you think he really cares about the supporters, think again.

So much, so much fail.

This is what it all comes down to, absolutely correct. He's simply not Pardew's type of player, well that's ultimately why I've got absolutely no time for the man. Life's too short to spend money to be entertained and finding myself watching a man attempt to bore me to death.

People like you deserve every piece of fucking shit that the club peddle. Every minute of turgid Pardew anti-football, every four yard sideways pass that your favourite new ginger signing plonks across our static midfield, every Steven Taylor rick, every time our coaching staff absolutely ruin a class player or alienate a great talent like Ben Arfa because they haven't got the talent, the inclination or the arsehole to properly manage him.

You're like Henry Hoover, man. Swallowing the crap sprinkled everywhere with a big, dopey grin on your face.

:lol: What a massive shock that you feel this way.

It's an even bigger shock theat jcdkelly agrees with him  :kasper:

People like you deserve every piece of fucking shit that the club peddle. Every minute of turgid Pardew anti-football, every four yard sideways pass that your favourite new ginger signing plonks across our static midfield, every Steven Taylor rick, every time our coaching staff absolutely ruin a class player or alienate a great talent like Ben Arfa because they haven't got the talent, the inclination or the arsehole to properly manage him.

You're like Henry Hoover, man. Swallowing the crap sprinkled everywhere with a big, dopey grin on your face.

You ought to consider whether, on this particular issue, it's actually you that's swallowing crap.

:thup:

People like you deserve every piece of f***ing s*** that the club peddle. Every minute of turgid Pardew anti-football, every four yard sideways pass that your favourite new ginger signing plonks across our static midfield, every Steven Taylor rick, every time our coaching staff absolutely ruin a class player or alienate a great talent like Ben Arfa because they haven't got the talent, the inclination or the arsehole to properly manage him.

You ought to consider whether, on this particular issue, it's actually you that's swallowing crap.

The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United

I'll take Hatem's word.

The sanctification of Ben Arfa on here can be tiresome at times. To me, he is a supreme talent who has proven to be unreliable, petulant, and somewhat troublesome throughout his career, who is managed by a self-interested charlatan with little actual ability. It is a volatile mix that has finally began to burn. Ben Arfa has acted foolishly one too many times and Pardew has used this as an excuse to shun the player and make him a scapegoat because he is always trying to protect himself. There have been signs of this throughout his career here. Ben Arfa has only really performed in electric spurts of good performances, and whenhe isn't performing  the manager uses his lackadaisical nature and attitude as a reason to drop him so the attention is shifted. 

What did you think when we heard that Ben Arfa (and Marveaux) were blamed and ostracised for some of our 0-3 and 0-4 maulings at home, when they entered the fray at 0-2 or 0-3 after 65-70 minutes?

There have been countless, innumerable occasions when the club (and it's current manager) have been proven to be liars, truth-stretchers and charlatans, so if you choose to believe them then there really is no hope left for you.

:clap:

The sanctification of Ben Arfa on here can be tiresome at times. To me, he is a supreme talent who has proven to be unreliable, petulant, and somewhat troublesome throughout his career, who is managed by a self-interested charlatan with little actual ability. It is a volatile mix that has finally began to burn. Ben Arfa has acted foolishly one too many times and Pardew has used this as an excuse to shun the player and make him a scapegoat because he is always trying to protect himself. There have been signs of this throughout his career here. Ben Arfa has only really performed in electric spurts of good performances, and whenhe isn't performing  the manager uses his lackadaisical nature and attitude as a reason to drop him so the attention is shifted.

I'm not disagreeing with the whole post but I disagree with the bit in bold, in a sense.

He gets 20 minutes here and there while other players get 20 games regardless of output, if Ben Arfa had been played at every opportunity then he'd have had the best goals and assists record at the club last season, Remy-aside.  Even if he had been a bit floaty and inconsistent, he'd have outperformed the players who kept him out of the team.  I've been watching this for 3 years and am fucking fed up with the "play well, play not so well (like everyone else), get dropped for ages" cycle, and I'm sure he is too.