Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

The one thing I think we can all agree on is that this is so tragic because it's eminently possible that we'll never see a player of his natural ability play for us again in our lifetimes.

It was a truly unique set of circumstances that allowed us to get this guy.  It's such a bleeding shame that the gamble didn't pay off because it could have been beautiful

Unbelievable post I spotted on reddit :lol:

What fucking contributions? How is this upvoted? He was pure shite in most matches. Once in a blue moon he would pull off something amazing. But in 90% of games he produced zero end product, and wasted the ball every time he got it.

You watch their top 5 youtube clips, no comparison. ben arfa appears to be much better.

Or, you watch a match. Better still, several matches. No comparison, but for different reasons. Gouffran is far far better overall, and doesnt have that toxic attitude that needs to be gotten rid of asap as soon as it appears. ben arfa is an asshole, and not a team player, simple as.

we are much better off without him.

Imagine actually watching football games and coming to the conclusion that Gouffran is a far better player.

Please don't be American.

What fucking contributions? How is this upvoted? He was pure shite in most matches. Once in a blue moon he would pull off something amazing. But in 90% of games he produced zero end product, and wasted the ball every time he got it.

You watch their top 5 youtube clips, no comparison. ben arfa appears to be much better.

Or, you watch a match. Better still, several matches. No comparison, but for different reasons. Gouffran is far far better overall, and doesnt have that toxic attitude that needs to be gotten rid of asap as soon as it appears. ben arfa is an asshole, and not a team player, simple as.

Imagine actually watching football games and coming to the conclusion that Gouffran is a far better player.

Surprising amount of alleged "locals" who are pro-pardew/regime/whatever-they-say on /r/nufc  don't worry. :lol:

Just never, ever visit /r/soccer if you don't want to be embarrassed by our nationality :lol: :lol:

Surprising amount of alleged "locals" who are pro-pardew/regime/whatever-they-say on /r/nufc  don't worry. :lol:

Just never, ever visit /r/soccer if you don't want to be embarrassed by our nationality :lol: :lol:

Bet Lalas posts there.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't mind going on there and being 'the stat guy' that there always seems to be on reddit.

The NUFC stuff on there just seems like utter bilge though.

Such a good player and such a shame he had Pardew as manager, will always remember him as such an exciting player to watch. Can remember Remy posting an instagram with him and it said 'best player at newcastle'. Sad we still have Pardews cronies in at the moment and he never got given a last chance with his contract running out with a new manager.

Oldtype is spot on, you'd have to have a massive set of blinkers or a serious obsession with Ben Arfa to think otherwise. Neither of which are in short supply on here must be said.

We should all have a serious obsession with Ben Arfa. We didn't fall in love with football for defensive wingers and hoof ball did we?

No, but it's what we really want to see:

“We are a working class city and they love that. They love flair, but what they really want to see is that hard work and grind in a day’s work and Gouffran did all that and more today.”

I can't for 1 f***ing second stand any post that has any bit of justification for the fact that we saw Marv, HBA, and now Cabella displaced by the likes of Obertan, Gosling, Gouffran and Jonas (and i love Jonas). I don't enjoy this sport by watching a RW graft his ass off, run the opposing winger out of play. Later that same f***ing player will be caught at his half way line jogging while a cross makes it through the back post and one of our attacks goes to waste. You watch football to be entertained or get results, we got neither with Pardew.

Every single time HBA got the ball on the right wing you stood and up, urged him on and anything could have happened. I refuse to allow some of these boring defeatist posts rain on what should be an enjoyable time for us as we finally got rid of the guy who nearly relegated us and drove many of our wonderful supporters and posters on here away.