Newcastle United 3 - 0 Cardiff City - 03/05/14 - post-match from page 53

Mike

Not sure why Cardiff fans were saying that there were loads of empty seats, no idea what the attendance was but it seemed pretty full plus they didnt sell their allocation

Guest neesy111

Not sure why Cardiff fans were saying that there were loads of empty seats, no idea what the attendance was but it seemed pretty full plus they didnt sell their allocation

Looked to be more seats empty towards pitch level than usual on TV.  Not huge, but visible.

Shitloads in Level 7. The announcer reading out 50k+ was laughable.

Shitloads in Level 7. The announcer reading out 50k+ was laughable.

There were empty seats all over the place pre-walkout. 48,000 tops I'd say.

Cardiff had been hit with a virus this week so had to make 4 changes.

Looked like they all had it to me. Extraordinary performance, given the circumstances.

The atmosphere after half time until the walkout when the banners started coming out was absolutely tremendous. I'd forgotten the place could be like that tbh.

Gutted. That's us relegated next year. Another year of Pardew. Does life get grimmer... oh yeah Mackems are staying up.

I think that is likely the poorest team I have ever seen at SJP and we have said that a lot this year. We were again woeful today but barely had opposition, about 3 Cardiff players were interested.

Credit to those that made the stand today, looked a fair number and will get the publicity it deserves, if not any kind of result wanted.

Guest neesy111

Cardiff were terrible. NUFC barely got out of second gear, didn't really try to score in the second half (until the last few minutes) and played in a negative atmosphere yet we still won 3 - 0.

Tbf, Krul did make 3-4 good saves and Colocini did have to hack 1 off the line at 1-0.

Agreed they were awful still.

The atmosphere after half time until the walkout when the banners started coming out was absolutely tremendous. I'd forgotten the place could be like that tbh.