Newcastle United 3 - 0 Cardiff City - 03/05/14 - post-match from page 53

Mike

Reading the comments on Facebook regarding the protest we really do have some numpty fans. I left on 60 mins and there was a woman screaming at people saying "where are you going man? We're winning you idots", "Support the team, you've already paid man" etc etc.

Sadly the typical Newcastle fan never sees the bigger picture and believes everything the manager/club/ media tells them and swears by it. They fail to see what goes on tactically on the pitch on how this then makes a mockery of the managers comments. They believe you should support the team no matter what and fail to see that sometimes in extreme situations defeat is the better option for the good of the club long term if it helps force through positive change. They would rather ridicule protesters taking action and sit there eating the s*** they are served up week after week all the while happy clapping away blind at what is really going on, unable to compare that reality to what the club really could and should be.

I have no doubts that if our fan base as a whole was representative of the protesters and the majority of posters on this message board then we'd be a damn sight closer to having the club we all want than we are right now and what a f***ing depressing shame that is.

O0 :(

Great post imo.

Spot on. :(

Subservient lick spittle sadly. Not sure why but we seem to have a core of fans who are happy with our lot. The 'we should be thankful'  and 'happy with our llot' brigade.

Culpable in the clubs plight for me. No idea why we appear tohave so many lilly livered and weak among us.

Heard a few boos when myself and the rest got up and left but nothing substantial. Wouldn't have given a fuck or bitten any way, I made my decision a couple of days before the game kicked off what I was going to do and the current score on 60 mins was irrelevant.

The season after with souness, finishing 13th I think.  Everyone stayed. 

I'm still angry about that now. Horrible day, albeit with lovely sunshine.

What was the game?

Heard a few boos when myself and the rest got up and left but nothing substantial. Wouldn't have given a f*** or bitten any way, I made my decision a couple of days before the game kicked off what I was going to do and the current score on 60 mins was irrelevant.

I didn't have anything said to me and I would have reacted if I had as I was getting angrier as the game went on and had already had an argument with a prick who was applauding Pardew and telling me what a good job he was doing.

The season after with souness, finishing 13th I think.  Everyone stayed. 

I'm still angry about that now. Horrible day, albeit with lovely sunshine.

What was the game?

1-1 against Chelsea.

I raised my enthusiasm to light applause when we scored. Bloke two rows in front had his head in his hands. :lol:

I couldn't bring myself to stand up, hate seeing Shola score and honestly wanted to lose

Didn't stand for any of the goals either. How sh*te that it's come to that, man. Fwiw, I stayed to the end because i wanted to throw as much abuse Pardew's way as possible. First time the home crowd has turned like that and I wanted to make the most of it.

Heard a few boos when myself and the rest got up and left but nothing substantial. Wouldn't have given a fuck or bitten any way, I made my decision a couple of days before the game kicked off what I was going to do and the current score on 60 mins was irrelevant.

I Stayed until the end of the game and I honestly thought the boos weren't for people leaving (of which on 60 mins there weren't many) but because Pardew had come out of the dugout.

• 2 years later...