Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

Everton were highlighted as an example to disprove the theory. Despite finishing much higher up the table than Newcastle and being perceived as 'entertaining' by many, they finished the season with only two more 'live selections' than Newcastle and their TV revenue equated to only £1.5million more.

Is the wankyest thing I've ever read in my life. Why play good football. You don't get more money. These people are so detached

CF: "Do the club not think it is worth a cup run next season?"

The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average.

GG: "If the club finished higher in the Premier League, would they aim for a cup?"

At this moment in time, the club's priority is the Premier League.

Our priority = something we barely turned up for in 2014.

I haven't read all the way through yet, but had to pause here...

Document question: Why - when we have largely played one game per week and had far fewer injuries to key players - have we been much worse than last season when we also played in the Europa League?

The board again accepted that the team had underperformed during the second half of the season. It was noted that the better performances had been witnessed by fans away from home.

Really? Do they think this is 1927 and fans only see the matches at home?

"We swear we played better away from home - go ask the few fans that saw it."

Guest ManDoon

So fucking depressing. Can't believe anyone would want to step foot in SJP as a paying customer. Absolute shit

The board stated that Alan Pardew (AP) will remain the club's manager. The board stated that incorrect media reports which claimed Newcastle United had contacted other individuals about the manager position were in the hands of the club's legal team.”

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

Everton were highlighted as an example to disprove the theory. Despite finishing much higher up the table than Newcastle and being perceived as 'entertaining' by many, they finished the season with only two more 'live selections' than Newcastle and their TV revenue equated to only £1.5million more.

Is the wankyest thing I've ever read in my life. Why play good football. You don't get more money. These people are so detached

:lol: That is absolutely fucking outrageous!

Summary: 'Aim next season is determined by how bad we are in the transfer market. Expect 1 signing if you're lucky. No cup runs because it causes instant relegation. Can't compete with any one financially. Stop asking us to justify things and enjoy the shit we serve up because nothing is changing. All hail Lord Ashley.'

Guys please don't attend cup games next season.

If they are publicly stating we can't try and win them because we will get relegated we really need to stop attending.

And they can fuck off with the stats they present the teams who were relegated were relegated because they were poor teams not because they had a cup run ffs

GG: "If the club finished higher in the Premier League, would they aim for a cup?"

At this moment in time, the club's priority is the Premier League.

----

Fuck next season as well then, no point bothering.

:lol: That is absolutely f***ing outrageous!

To be fair, these are the questions that led to that.

Mark Jankowski (MJ) suggested buying players in January may have helped in ensuring more Newcastle United games were selected for live broadcast.

Steve Cole (SC): "With regard to the money received for being selected as a 'live' game, wouldn't we have expected to see more TV money if we'd have maintained our good form?"

VV: "If we played more entertaining football, would we not be much further up the list in terms of TV revenue?"

It's cringeworthy that it's even a discussion topic, but it's not as bad in context.

My question is, what kind of manager is this? Which manager does not want to win a fucking cup? Which manager would actually work under such conditions?

Pardew is the dry, crusty spittoon that catches Ashley's self-induced seed on a daily basis.

Guys please don't attend cup games next season.

If they are publicly stating we can't try and win them because we will get relegated we really need to stop attending.

And they can fuck off with the stats they present the teams who were relegated were relegated because they were poor teams not because they had a cup run ffs

Great idea for a protest tbh.

SC: "How many season ticket holders have not renewed for next season?"

The board stated that approximately six per cent of season ticket holders had not renewed to-date; similar levels to previous seasons.

Bet there are a lot less new joiners, but still disappointing. This number needs to sting for any sort of impact from the fans. Not even close at the moment.

I can see it now, next seasons target will be 8th which we won't achieve however Pardew won't be sacked as he hit his target for this season and stability is key to progressing.

Right now I would honestly take 8th happily. I see us fighting relegation next year. :(