Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

Guest chopey

Relegation is the only thing that can save us now, I will no longer support Sports Direct United this just makes me think the club as it stands is not the Newcastle I know and love.

Soulless.

The fact someone is employed by the club to churn out state that prove it's not worth trying too hard because it doesn't make money. The complete opposite of what sport is.

Hats off the FA and Premier League for making this possible through ludicrous tv deals though the c*** involved in Nufc make them almost pale in to insignificance.

Problem is mate we as fans are facilitating this by continuing to support.

We are fast approaching a point whereby those who are putting money into the pockets of Ashley are apart of the problem.

And I know that is an opinion which causes a lot of controversy but we see simply have to boycott now and stop this lunacy. I realise that all football clubs are business' nowadays but we don't even have the illusion of being a football club anymore.

We are but it's becoming less and less a key thing. Fans are less and less being able to make a difference where it actually matters.

You get £60m for finishing in last in the PL, that could easily cover all costs associated with being a PL football club without a single penny coming from through fans via tickets or merchandise.

It's soul destroying, it's got to the point where you think what actually is the point?

There's not a single bit of text from the club there that's made me think, actually next season might be alright. Unbelievable.

Guest chopey

It also said that the sale of the strawberry land would not go to nufc it would go to the group

Pathetic.  Fuck everyone involved in the ownership and running of this club utterly clueless cretins. 

We need new ownership desperately.  Even Blackburn's insane chicken farmers would be better than this shit.

Only 6% not renewed ????

I'd not believe that - they have admitted to lying in the past. I'd like to think it's much, much more than that! If not, folk are getting what they deserve.

Also, they have become quite adept at saying something that is true but only part of the picture and therefore very misleading.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stats they are quoting are e.g. 6% in April compared to April last year rather than the overall total.

Next year it will be "we can't compete with the traditional top 8". Fucking eejits.

We can't...

We won't...

Look what happened to...

Pound for pound...

This is a depressing read, yes, but to be honest, it's not like we should have expected anything differently.

The time has come to really ramp up the attempts to force these people out of the club. We need one single umbrella organisation to do it. Having pointless 50 or so people protests here and there isn't going to do anything. We need an organised and concerted effort to tell Mike Ashley 'enough is enough'.

The time has come.

It also said that the sale of the strawberry land would not go to nufc it would go to the group

That's something that I have wondered about before.  When Ashley bought NUFC there were a lot of assets - how much of that remains within NUFC?  When he does come to sell the club, he will be selling a much reduced club with few assets albeit with an improved balance sheet.  It won't be worth what he paid for it.

This Everton thing's pissed me off like.  I know they were responding directly to a question about TV revenue but it does not consider the bigger picture.  If they were so inclined, Everton could probably make £50m+ profit on player sales by selling Barkley, Stones and Baines alone.  That's partly because they're talented players but partly because they've been in a side playing excellent football every week in a way that catches the eye and showcases those players' talents.  Who have we got that could fetch over £5m?  Krul?  Debuchy?  Anyone else?

Someone tell the twats that every game is on live here and more people would give a shit about switching over to watch us if the score wasn't either 0-0 or 0-3 to the other team.