Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

I can see it now, next seasons target will be 8th which we won't achieve however Pardew won't be sacked as he hit his target for this season and stability is key to progressing.

Right now I would honestly take 8th happily. I see us fighting relegation next year. :(

Point I'm making is we won't get eight next season but despite this ( we will finish around 15th IMO ) Pardew won't be sacked

Soulless.

The fact someone is employed by the club to churn out state that prove it's not worth trying too hard because it doesn't make money. The complete opposite of what sport is.

Hats off the FA and Premier League for making this possible through ludicrous tv deals though the cunt involved in Nufc make them almost pale in to insignificance.

CF: "Do the club not think it is worth a cup run next season?"

The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average.

GG: "If the club finished higher in the Premier League, would they aim for a cup?"

At this moment in time, the club's priority is the Premier League.

I have no words.

Everton were highlighted as an example to disprove the theory. Despite finishing much higher up the table than Newcastle and being perceived as 'entertaining' by many, they finished the season with only two more 'live selections' than Newcastle and their TV revenue equated to only £1.5million more.

Is the wankyest thing I've ever read in my life. Why play good football. You don't get more money. These people are so detached

:lol: That is absolutely f***ing outrageous!

To be fair, these are the questions that led to that.

Mark Jankowski (MJ) suggested buying players in January may have helped in ensuring more Newcastle United games were selected for live broadcast.

Steve Cole (SC): "With regard to the money received for being selected as a 'live' game, wouldn't we have expected to see more TV money if we'd have maintained our good form?"

VV: "If we played more entertaining football, would we not be much further up the list in terms of TV revenue?"

It's cringeworthy that it's even a discussion topic, but it's not as bad in context.

You're right in saying it's not as bad in context, but the message still remains that they couldn't give a fuck about giving the fans any excitement.

Soulless.

The fact someone is employed by the club to churn out state that prove it's not worth trying too hard because it doesn't make money. The complete opposite of what sport is.

Hats off the FA and Premier League for making this possible through ludicrous tv deals though the c*** involved in Nufc make them almost pale in to insignificance.

Problem is mate we as fans are facilitating this by continuing to support.

We are fast approaching a point whereby those who are putting money into the pockets of Ashley are apart of the problem.

And I know that is an opinion which causes a lot of controversy but we see simply have to boycott now and stop this lunacy. I realise that all football clubs are business' nowadays but we don't even have the illusion of being a football club anymore.

Clubs f***ed. It's totally pointless supporting us

You are pretty much spot on. What is the point in supporting a club with no hope/ambition?

I can't make my mind up whether I'll be wanting us to win our first game of the season or lose. That's what these penny pinching maggots have brought us to.

The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average.

Fucking pathetic. Pack of fucking cunts, the lot of them.

Clubs f***ed. It's totally pointless supporting us

You are pretty much spot on. What is the point in supporting a club with no hope/ambition?

I can't make my mind up whether I'll be wanting us to win our first game of the season or lose. That's what these penny pinching maggots have brought us to.

This is the only thing I've thought about since the season ended. It was relatively easy to root against us for the greater good when there was no threat of relegation. With 0 points on the board it's an entirely different proposition.

Genuine question, but can anyone think of a club treated with such disdain by it's owners/board to the extent that they deliberately quash any notion of progress and ambition?

I appreciate the frustration Hull and Cardiff fans feel with their owners and their heritage, but the owners of both clubs have on some level demonstrated that they were prepared to

- a. Strive to improve the position if the club

- b. Put their hand in pocket to invest in the playing staff

Not saying I'd want Allam or mad Tan, like, but neither have tried to play down fan expectations to the extent this bunch of cunts have.

Chris Forster (CF): Why haven't we made any permanent signings in the last two windows?

It was explained that the club had addressed the question in the previous Fans Forum and that its transfer activity in 2013/14 had been the loan arrivals of Loic Remy and Luuk de Jong and the sale of Yohan Cabaye.

OK.  Why haven't we made any permanent signings in the last two windows?

FFS. :lol:

That quote is pretty much the death of any hopes we have of amounting to anything at all. Fuck the lot of them for what they've done to our once great club, and fuck anyone who makes excuses for them.