Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

Guys please don't attend cup games next season.

If they are publicly stating we can't try and win them because we will get relegated we really need to stop attending.

And they can fuck off with the stats they present the teams who were relegated were relegated because they were poor teams not because they had a cup run ffs

Great idea for a protest tbh.

Exactly, especially as I think I'm right in saying that cup games are not included in the price of a season ticket? Which does away with the excuse that it's a waste of money to go to games you've paid for... Think the club will realise this though and do those really cheap deals which (understandably) lure people in  :undecided:

CF: "Do the club not think it is worth a cup run next season?"

The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average.

GG: "If the club finished higher in the Premier League, would they aim for a cup?"

At this moment in time, the club's priority is the Premier League.

I have no words.

Why even fucking own a sports team.

In addressing the document, the board stated that Alan Pardew (AP) will remain the club's manager.

This may not even be the most depressing sentence in the minutes, which is some fucking achievement.

What is the point of that forum? I mean seriously what do those fan representatives gain from being given the same party lines every fucking meeting?

Maybe I can do them a favour and drop them an email confirming:

- We're not arsed with cup runs

- We're absolutely delighted with mediocrity

- We'll not spaff any excess cash unless we're going down..........and did you know.........if we don't get back up in a oner, it could take four years.

- We'll give you fuck all insight.

- And, by the way, for your troubles.........here's a fucking pendant from some daft cunt who used to play for us a hundred years ago and is still on the pay role.

Save your petrol money and sack it off.

In addressing the document, the board stated that Alan Pardew (AP) will remain the club's manager.

This may not even be the most depressing sentence in the minutes, which is some fucking achievement.

If this is how things are done, it genuinely will never matter who the manager is. Forget Pardew. He's absolutely nothing. The owner has to be run out of town. Nothing less than a new owner will change a single thing.

Having my usual Total Sport session while making my tea because I'm a sad c***, and there's a fan on at the minute who was at the meeting.

Said they read out a damning list of statistics to the board about our poor run but seemingly little was said in response.

We they all had to sign off on the minutes to ensure all partied agree they are a true reflection.

Club is just paying lip service, we've got no fucking hope until Ashley fucks off

We deserve what we get if fans still keep going, sorry if that pisses people off but it's walk away or suffer this for years to come.

This :thup: More people need to vote with their feet. Am not sure I believe what they say when there's been an apparent 6% drop in season ticket sales. Surely folk can't be that thick?

Everton were highlighted as an example to disprove the theory. Despite finishing much higher up the table than Newcastle and being perceived as 'entertaining' by many, they finished the season with only two more 'live selections' than Newcastle and their TV revenue equated to only £1.5million more.

Can't get over this quote man, fucking disgusting.

Fucking hell man.

No point trying to play decent football because there's no money in it.

Don't want to risk winning a cup because it means almost certain relegation

Seems to me like someone on the board has read a copy of Moneyball and completely missed the fucking point.

I've really no problem with trying to run a club in a businesslike fashion, but it's supposed to be an entertainment business ffs.

It's almost beyond belief.

:(

Fucking hell man.

No point trying to play decent football because there's no money in it.

Don't want to risk winning a cup because it means almost certain relegation

Seems to me like someone on the board has read a copy of Moneyball and completely missed the fucking point.

I've really no problem with trying to run a club in a businesslike fashion, but it's supposed to be an entertainment business ffs.

It's almost beyond belief.

:(

They've got the money bit right and most of their PR utterances are complete Balls so perhaps you're onto their strategy there.