Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

First name on the team sheet for me, i'm a big fan.

AsprillaShinPad to arrive in 3,2,1 ...

:lol: I'm a bit late - need to use the @ symbol to attract my attention joeyt[/member]  and ManDoon[/member]

Bit of a non-story though - wank player with astonishing lack of self awareness admits team are playing wank. Meh.

"It can't be individual every time as we have changed players and rotated. I think there is a piece of the jigsaw that is missing."

It's not having enough players that are any good. It isn't rocket science Ayo mate.

"It can't be individual every time as we have changed players and rotated. I think there is a piece of the jigsaw that is missing."

It's not having enough players that are any good. It isn't rocket science Ayo mate.

Nah, it's the fans not supporting the regime.

My opinion on Ayoze has been the same for a while -

- Frustrating player

- Loses the ball in good positions too often

- Goes down too easily

- Plays the most difficult role in the team and isn’t suited to it

BUT

- When he plays well, the team tend to play well and win/get a result

- He’s arguably our best finisher

- He runs himself into the ground every game

- Even on his bad days, he tends to have 1 or 2 moments where he opens up the opposition defence, which is usually fucked up by whoever shoots at goal.

In a nutshell, he’s a frustrating player, but he’s one of our better ones and shouldn’t be the brunt of criticism as often as he is.

We need someone capable of scoring at least 15 a season, and when they aren't scoring they are making space and generally being a handful for the opposition causing issues for others to capitalise on. Perez is neither of those and never will be. He's the type of striker that a team scraping around the bottom half of the Premier League would have, which happens to be where we are at.

We need someone capable of scoring at least 15 a season, and when they aren't scoring they are making space and generally being a handful for the opposition causing issues for others to capitalise on. Perez is neither of those and never will be. He's the type of striker that a team scraping around the bottom half of the Premier League would have, which happens to be where we are at.

It's not that hard to secure a striker who can score 15 goals a season who make space and are a handful for the opposition, you just have to pay a fee of about £30m plus.

You’re talking about a £40m+ player there.  Never going to happen to us unless we strike lucky massively.

Someone slightly better than Perez is about the best we can hope for realistically i think.

You’re talking about a £40m+ player there.  Never going to happen to us unless we strike lucky massively.

Someone slightly better than Perez is about the best we can hope for realistically i think.

You're right, but it's still a fact that it's what we need if we intend to progress. Perez hasn't even ever reached 10 goals in the league for a season. Right now Bournemouth, Fulham, Brighton, Southampton and West Ham all have players that have scored between 7 and 9 goals with another 17 games to go. Perez has 2, how cute.

At his current rate (5 in 13 starts) Rondon is a 15 per season player tbf

At his current rate Rondon is on for 15 this season tbf

Which is great, but we are discussing why Perez isn't good enough... as he isn't going to give that return.

At his current rate Rondon is a 15 per season player tbf

He won't get them, probably won't play enough games IMO.

Edited as I was wrong, didnt take into account we're halfway through the season :lol:  15 is too much to expect from Perez imo, how many non top 6 teams have 2 forwards who get 15+ per season?

edit: in fact even top 6 teams rarely have two 15+ strikers it seems

My opinion on Ayoze has been the same for a while -

- Frustrating player

- Loses the ball in good positions too often

- Goes down too easily

- Plays the most difficult role in the team and isn’t suited to it

BUT

- When he plays well, the team tend to play well and win/get a result

- He’s arguably our best finisher

- He runs himself into the ground every game

- Even on his bad days, he tends to have 1 or 2 moments where he opens up the opposition defence, which is usually fucked up by whoever shoots at goal.

This I can agree with.

He's about what you get for a struggling PL side. This is his level of performance in the PL. Probably a good Championship player maybe. 8 goals and 5 assists last season was good for him. This year he's trending much lower output.

I'd struggle to think of any current players that could find a better club than us.

For a proper midtable side, you would hope 2 players score 10+ each. Or at least close. Last season Leicester had Vardy on 20 goals, Mahrez about 10.

This season Wham will likely have 2 players over 10+ goals.

These are all players worth £30m+ though.

Look at Watford. No big goalscorers but good players throughout the side.

Guest neesy111

For a proper midtable side, you would hope 2 players score 10+ each. Or at least close. Last season Leicester had Vardy on 20 goals, Mahrez about 10.

This season Wham will likely have 2 players over 10+ goals.

These are all players worth £30m+ though.

Look at Watford. No big goalscorers but good players throughout the side.

There's us with 1 goal from midfield all season in the PL.

Guest neesy111

Didn't realise he'd only scored 2 goals. That makes his total non-contribution in other ways all the more annoying.

Pot calling kettle.