Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

My opinion of our players generally follows this:

He's ace this lad.

Hmmm he's actually pretty shit.

Argue with you lots that this lad is shit and it's not the managers fault he's shit.

Most people end up agreeing he's shit.

I lower my expectations. Take them for their qualities, don't get upset by the weaknesses.

I'm at the end of the Ayoze line. Works hard off the ball. Pleasantly surprised when he doesn't lose the ball under a bit of pressure. Think he's got some goals and assists in him. Think he's better further forward. Overall bang average player. Could easily do a Colback and be a middling Championship player.

Guest firetotheworks

I hold this forum together.

:mackems:

Tbf, there are huts made entirely of shit. I think that's what he's on about.

Didn't realise he'd only scored 2 goals. That makes his total non-contribution in other ways all the more annoying.

Pot calling kettle.

Wew.  I hold this forum together with my slagging off of Perez and Kenedy.

You on the other hand are the end of a bell.

giphy.gif

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he’d be much better in a much better team, he’s been our best player since he joined pretty much in terms of consistency. That’s not saying much of course given hi crap we’ve been and most of our players.

Under Rafa he’s having to do an awful lot of pressing, fighting for loose balls, tackling, tracking back, jostling, and battling physical duels.

He’s a decent finisher and has good technique, but he’s playing a game and role that suits the team a hell of a lot more than it suits him and I believe if we had a dream that suited his more natural game and finer qualities better, we’d see a different Perez, the one who looked a real prospect when he first joined and not this over worked, under serviced, weak target man-stroke-outlet man running into blind alleys, easily knoked off the ball forward.

Considering what he cost us, he’s been a brilliant signing for us and a brilliant player all things considered.