Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Jota walks the ball the length of the pitch unchallenged and it's this lads fault? Some people just love to hate.

Exactly.

Someone should have stopped the run and someone (Kenedy) should have tracked the goalscorer.

On the evidence of the match somebody just had to say BOO! and he would have given it away. They did fuck all.

Just got in from the game. From where I was siting it looked like he should have taken it in the corner before the break for the goal but lost possession. Did I see it right?

Absolutely no way you can blame your second striker for losing the ball in the attacking third for a goal like that. Aye maybe he should've took it to the corner, but our midfield and defence were absolutely catastrophic in how they dealt with the counter attack, there's absolutely no way their player should've ran as far as he did unchallenged, it was absolutely atrocious. Kenedy's tracking back was lazy as fuck too, something I haven't seen mentioned - for a player that had just came on the pitch the lack of effort he made to get back to help Ritchie when we were clearly stretched was appalling.

Im surprised he stayed on after the elbow, was bleeding heavily - had to keep a tissue in his hand to wipe up the blood before Dean could march him back off, and had already ran his heart out. Thought that was the time to bring Muto on for him to be honest.

Fair play to him for the passion he's shown. Can't fault his attitude and never had.

I hope he gets the rest of him game together - he's got the ability, but just has no footballing brain.  If Rafa and his team can teach him how to play for the team, he could do a job for us, and I hope he does.

The lego haired forin melt.

Fair play to him for the passion he's shown. Can't fault his attitude and never had.

I hope he gets the rest of him game together - he's got the ability, but just has no footballing brain.  If Rafa and his team can teach him how to play for the team, he could do a job for us, and I hope he does.

I still think he's best as a forward. In the box, with little time to think.

This is high praise coming from you, and I agree. He's looked off the boil this year but when he plays instinctively, and to his strengths, he contributes a lot to the team. And unlike the wankers who've pulled on this shirt in the past, this lad runs his heart into the ground almost every game. For effort, you can't fault him.

I still think he's best as a forward. In the box, with little time to think.

True

As wanky and predictable as it sounds, his partnership with Mitro looksed great when they were both on together as more of a front 2 than what we usually use.

This is high praise coming from you, and I agree. He's looked off the boil this year but when he plays instinctively, and to his strengths, he contributes a lot to the team. And unlike the w*****s who've pulled on this shirt in the past, this lad runs his heart into the ground almost every game. For effort, you can't fault him.

:lol: People are realising that when I say something is good, it better be pretty damn good.

He does have some instinct on the ball if it comes to him unexpectedly, but if he wants to play as a 9, he really needs to learn where to stand.  If he wants to play as a 10 he needs to learn how to get into the pocket and how to link up with a 9.  At the minute he instinctively plays into blind alleys and then ends up resorting to chucking himself on the floor, which doesn't work at NUFC.  He needs to realise that referees give us fuck all and if we want to get goals, we need to get them in spite of the ref.  He drifts out of games far too easily and too often goes wide when we are screaming out for someone to give a central outlet for the midfield/defence, hence Shelvey's over-reliance on 70 yard Holywood passes.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely jipped yet again. MOTM again as well for me. Definitely between him, Schär, Manquillo (!), and possibly Atsu.

This is high praise coming from you, and I agree. He's looked off the boil this year but when he plays instinctively, and to his strengths, he contributes a lot to the team. And unlike the w*****s who've pulled on this shirt in the past, this lad runs his heart into the ground almost every game. For effort, you can't fault him.

:lol: People are realising that when I say something is good, it better be pretty damn good.

He does have some instinct on the ball if it comes to him unexpectedly, but if he wants to play as a 9, he really needs to learn where to stand.  If he wants to play as a 10 he needs to learn how to get into the pocket and how to link up with a 9.  At the minute he instinctively plays into blind alleys and then ends up resorting to chucking himself on the floor, which doesn't work at NUFC.  He needs to realise that referees give us f*** all and if we want to get goals, we need to get them in spite of the ref.  He drifts out of games far too easily and too often goes wide when we are screaming out for someone to give a central outlet for the midfield/defence, hence Shelvey's over-reliance on 70 yard Holywood passes.

In regards to the refs, after today I’m convinced the refs have it out against us, and they especially hate this lad :lol: After the disallowed goal which should’ve stood, they called 2 fouls that never were from Perez. Ridiculous shit.

Robbed of a class finish.

His last two headed goals were class finishes tbf.

90% of his goals for us have been. Some might even say a little too casual.

Said it in the match thread as well, but even if he has some frustrating times, he's one of the few players capable of producing genuine quality. I wonder how he'd look with better players around him?

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely jipped yet again. MOTM again as well for me. Definitely between him, Schär, Manquillo (!), and possibly Atsu.

Agreed, but Schär for me. Only player who played well for the full 90.

Probably right. He had a spell near the end where he was clearing everything as well.