Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

He just had one year of professional football under his belt when you signed him; he had offers to join the B squads of several Spanish big teams but he chose you instead.

Again, kudos for scouting a player in the second division of Spanish football and seeing his value.

He's that promising and good it annoys me that I can't think of anyone to liken him too although he's a bit Beardsley esque.

The Suarez comparisons are a good shout IMO, always looks for similar touches, turns and ways to take players on. That's not to say they're on the same level, obviously.

Guest firetotheworks

He's that promising and good it annoys me that I can't think of anyone to liken him too although he's a bit Beardsley esque.

His style (though obviously not on the same level) reminds of Suarez, he does that strange lean that Suarez does.

The Suarez comparisons are a good shout IMO, always looks for similar touches, turns and ways to take players on. That's not to say they're on the same level, obviously.

Hmm I guess so, he's not a bell though. Beardsley (player) isn't/wasn't that dissimilar to Suarez either thinking about. Short, worker, outrageous technique, can beat a man etc. etc.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm I guess so, he's not a bell though. Beardsley (player) isn't/wasn't that dissimilar to Suarez either thinking about. Short, worker, outrageous technique, can beat a man etc. etc.

Arshavin (when he was good) reminded me of Beardsley.

First time I ever saw him he reminded me of Beardsley.

Saw one good thing from him in the few bits I watched. He Beardsley'd past a few defenders on the edge of the box then FIRED over.

:thup:

Used to love that daft cunt.

Saw one good thing from him in the few bits I watched. He Beardsley'd past a few defenders on the edge of the box then FIRED over.

:thup:

Used to love that daft c***.

Me too. Thought he was gonna be the bees knees after he dicked Liverpool a few years back. Thought the same of Jose Reyes. And Julio Baptista. My judgement is poor.

Told my son this, very much like Beardsley, quick feet always looking to do something positive with the ball and a great work rate to go with it. If he stays fit he going to be a top top player. We should enjoy it will it lasts..