Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

i'm trying to find out how much Burnley got but no luck yet

According to this they got £900k for one year (2014/15)...

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/premier-league-clubs-shirt-sponsorship-deals/

But other reports when their first deal was done (2010-12) talk about a 'multi-million pound deal' .

EDIT: £2.5m/year according to this..

http://www.dgsw.net/fun88-agree-pounds-2-5m-burnley-shirt-deal/

They might have contracted in new music to run out to?

"Welcome to the house of fun

Now I've come of age

Welcome to the lion's den

Temptation's on his way

Welcome to the..."

Think it could work well... Maybe weave in our big £40m new signing's name. He would be welcome indeed (if he brought us fun).

I wonder if this sort of sponsorship might be the gateway, in the future, to a takeover by an Asian interest. More exposure might drum up a bit of interest at least?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

top 10 in the league according to that, not sure how much you can gleam from that though.

Premier League Clubs Shirt Sponsorship Deals 2016-17

NO# CLUB                               BRAND YEARLY               TOTAL

1 MANCHESTER UNITED Chevrolet (US) £53m         7 Year deal (2014-21)

2 CHELSEA Yokohama (Japan)         £40m         5 Year deal (2015-20)

3 ARSENAL Fly Emirates (UAE)                 £30m         5 year deal (2014-19)

4 LIVERPOOL Standard Chartered         £25m                 3 year deal (2013-16)

5 MAN CITY Etihad Airways (UAE) £20m       10 year deal (2011-21)

6 TOTTENHAM AIA (China)                 £16m                       5 year deal (2014-19)

7 WEST HAM Betway (Malta)                 £6m                               3.5 year deal (2015-18)

8 EVERTON Chang Beer (Thailand)       £5.3m               3 year deal (2014 to 2017)

9 SOUTHAMPTON Vigin Media (UK) £6m       3 year deal (2016-19)

10 SUNDERLAND Dafabet (Philippines) £6m               2 Year deal (2015-2017)

11 SWANSEA CITY BetEest                 £5m                               1 year contract (2016-17)

12 CRYSTAL PALCE Mansion (Gibraltar) £5m       1 Years (2016-17)

13 STOKE CITY Bet365 (UK)                 £3.5m                       3 Year deal (2015-18)

14 Hull City SportPesa (Kenya)                 £3m                               3 year deal (2016-19)

15 WEST BROM UK-K8.com (Asia)         £2.8m               2 years (2016-18)

16 LEICESTER CITY King Power (Thailand)£1m       Long term deal since 2010

17 Burnley FC Dafabet                         £2m                                       2 year deal (2016-18)

18 WATFORD 138.com (China)         £1m                       1 Year (2016-17)

19 AFC BOURNMOUTH Mansion (Gibraltar) £2m               Single Season (2016-17)

20 MIDDLESBROUGH Ramsdens (UK) £1m               5 years (2013-18)

Doesn't mean much, going by that.

From what I can gather, we're getting the same amount of sponsorship cash for a shorter period.  The alleged £24m coming over 3 years rather than 4.  In comparison, the £6m a season becomes £8m, so just a £2m increase.

Still, enough to pressure wash the stadium now and then.

Quite a few sources mentioned £45m so there seems to be something in that.  Could easily be performance based though, a minimum amount with extras depending on if we stay up, where we finish ect.

From what I can gather, we're getting the same amount of sponsorship cash for a shorter period.  The alleged £24m coming over 3 years rather than 4.  In comparison, the £6m a season becomes £8m, so just a £2m increase.

Still, enough to pressure wash the stadium now and then.

I always wondered why NFL teams didn't have shirt sponsorship, or other things like pitchside advertising but when you look at these numbers and stack them against the amount of money coming in through the TV deals you realise that it's all kind of peanuts. I would imagine the NFL sells it's TV rights based upon an advertsing free product, where the broadcasters can chose whom they partner with, like the Verizon red zone or the tools to the success presented by Home Depot. It's a whole different approach, I wonder if the PL will eventually go down that route themselves.