The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Unai Emery doing such a good job at Sevilla.

He always delivers the goods, imho. He got too much unfair criticism at Valencia.

Tired of finishing 3rd or 4th, wasn't it? He left. Midtable mediocrity for a few seasons. I know they where other factors but still

Not even that. Emery still placed them third after selling the likes of Silva, Mata and Villa.

Unai Emery doing such a good job at Sevilla.

He always delivers the goods, imho. He got too much unfair criticism at Valencia.

From what I understand at Valencia he had a really bad record and approach to big games.

Think that's where the criticism come from but having said that he still got top 4 consistently.

They mostly criticized him for performing badly in Europe; their CL record wasn't too inspiring - I don't think they got in a single Q/F in his entire tenure. That's where the "big game" criticism comes form; Valencia supporters were frustrated because they took CL football for granted, and he never gave them much more to get excited about, as Valencia tended to go out of the cups as soon as they got close to the business end of the season.

But again, we are talking about a club that was forced to sell their best players every season, and he still placed them in the CL. I'm pretty sure he'd had done wonders with some financial stability. For starters, he's already won a cup with Sevilla.