The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Arsenal finally get their easy last 16, vs Monaco.

Basel vs Porto..... one of those in the quarters. Interesting.

Not one bad game in these last 16. Basel and Porto are two good teams that with some luck in the draw might actually make it to a semi-final.

We'll lose, Messi will post a transfer request, no star players will want to come, and finish no higher than third (THIRD!!!!) for the next 10 years. I'll get Kaka's avatar...

Mentioned to you at the start of the season that I felt Barca would struggle. Their signings have been dreadful, with clearly a lack of thought gone behind them. They didnt need Suarez (as brilliant as he is) and IMO should have kept Cesc (to replace Xavi) and Alexis. If anything I would have gone for Reus (Circa £25-£30m). Rakitic is a fine signing along with Bravo. Why they thought Vermaelan was good enough (likewise Mathieu) is beyond me. for the money spend on these 2 I would have looked elsewhere

Alves needed replacing (they bought Douglas who is awful), needed another LB too (J Bernat?). Who is signing these plays? Zubi? if so he needs to go....

They needed to freshen up this year but instead have bought poorly. The football under Enrique has been slow and laborious. His tactics have been average at best. Messi is suffering as a result. Messi, Suarez and Neymar will never work.

I understand they are in transition as they are coming off an era that was simply incredible, but the rebuliding job has been poor and has set them back.

They need a solid, reliable LB like Abidal was. Don't see how Bernat solves that issue as he's a crap defender just like Alba is.

Cesc would never have replaced Xavi, it's two totally different skillsets. Who they should have bought is Kroos but instead they let him go to Madrid and now they are paying for it.

They need a solid, reliable LB like Abidal was. Don't see how Bernat solves that issue as he's a crap defender just like Alba is.

Cesc would never have replaced Xavi, it's two totally different skillsets. Who they should have bought is Kroos but instead they let him go to Madrid and now they are paying for it.

As VI has said before, a reliable RB should've been a priority, a RB in the same mould/style as Abidal so Alba can do the old job of Alves. Otherwise I agree with you :thup: Think Kroos would've been excellent, but Rakitic isn't bad at all. They needed both and to have let Xavi go.

Really really dislike that Besic kid. Shouldn't be in the PL.

What do you mean by shouldn't be in the PL? Not good enough? Because that is a load of s***

Yeah, but well depends, I don't think he should be starting for a team like Everton, although I can't say he's not good enough for the league considering the amount of s*** midfielders in this league.

Wow Barkley what a goal.