The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Looks like we'll start with Munir-Messi-Rafinha upfront tonight. That after selling/loaning 4 senior wingers this year, buying a banned guy, and Neymar being crocked.

Nah, I'm actually excited about Munir, but would have preferred a bit more weight upfront for our first game of the season. 

Looks like we'll start with Munir-Messi-Rafinha upfront tonight. That after selling/loaning 4 senior wingers this year, buying a banned guy, and Neymar being crocked.

Nah, I'm actually excited about Munir, but would have preferred a bit more weight upfront for our first game of the season.

Where is Pedro?

Where is Pedro?

Injured.

Where is Pedro?

Injured.

Cheers mate.

Anyone see the last 5 minutes of Malaga v.s Athletic?

Malaga 1-0 up and get guy sent off in 88th minute... then another sent off on 90 minutes. Athletic keeper comes up for a free kick in 94th minute, powers a header into the back of the net but it gets disallowed for no reason at all  :lol: Athletic then have an absolutely stonewall penalty turned down with 10 seconds left.

Edit - Giggs'd  :lol:

Just saw this replay this morning of the last 15 minutes of this match. Holy s***. the drama. Didn't see these posts or the result yesterday so was losing my mind.

I'm not a fan of Mark Hughes but what a difference that interview is to hearing or reading anything from Pardew:

Stoke manager Mark Hughes: "The overriding emotion is frustration because we didn't play particularly well. Frustration, but a bit of relief because we got something. We didn't show enough enough intelligence. We need to be better than that.

"We didn't create enough chances for the superiority in numbers we had. We are not hitting where we were last season. We wanted to hit the ground running but we haven't quite done that. We didn't deserve a great deal so we are a bit grateful."

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not a fan of Mark Hughes but what a difference that interview is to hearing or reading anything from Pardew:

Stoke manager Mark Hughes: "The overriding emotion is frustration because we didn't play particularly well. Frustration, but a bit of relief because we got something. We didn't show enough enough intelligence. We need to be better than that.

"We didn't create enough chances for the superiority in numbers we had. We are not hitting where we were last season. We wanted to hit the ground running but we haven't quite done that. We didn't deserve a great deal so we are a bit grateful."

Hard to tell tbf, Pardew will often speak like he has a clue, but it's often just pandering to people that have a clue about attacking football. I don't like Hughes either and I don't particularly think that that quote is in stark contrast to Pardew's, but you're right in that Pardew definitely makes you appreciate other managers a lot more.