Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Guest neesy111

We were much better once he came on, needs to start the next game imo.

Agreed, he found space when others didn't.

We were much better once he came on, needs to start the next game imo.

He's too slow; you can't have him and Mitrovic start together IMO: both are slow as anything sadly

This used to be my concern, but as long as we have pace on both wings and encourage those players to get in behind when possible, I think it will be fine.

At the moment we aren't able to build play through the middle because we have no presence in that position. That is a far bigger worry than the pace one IMO.

If he'd played the 90 minutes we may have got a better grip on midfield and won the game.

He glides around the pitch and doesn't waste possession.

His introduction made a massive difference as prior to him coming on we abysmal in midfield with Shelvey too deep and playing Hollywood balls and Wijnaldum just totally anonymous.

It was nice to have someone on the pitch, that actually showed for the ball and didn't seem shit scared.  Unless they were totally unmarked or safe in our own half.  None of our players seemed to want the ball.  It was pathetic. 

I'm not a massive fan of de Jong.  I think he's immobile and I'm not sure how we can get the best out of him?  But Rafa obviously rates him and we were much better when he came on.  When he was on, I thought we dominated.  He does seem to try and link the play and make intelligent forward passes.  Which is a massive improvement on most of our players. 

Think he needs to start at Norwich and Perez to make an impact from the bench. We were very poor in the first half yesterday and unless we take a control of the midfield next week we're unlikely to win. Our link up play was awful until he came on.

Yeah, he should be in the team now :thup: I wish there was a way to fit De Jong, Cisse and Mitrovic in the same line-up.

Tough without sacrificing all width.  Three at the back with Townsend and Sissoko going up and down the wings and covering the FB positions?

Mitro        Cisse

De Jong         

Townsend                                          Sissoko

Saivet        Shelvey   

Colo      Lascelles    Fistpumps

Yeah, he should be in the team now :thup: I wish there was a way to fit De Jong, Cisse and Mitrovic in the same line-up.

Tough without sacrificing all width.  Three at the back with Townsend and Sissoko going up and down the wings and covering the FB positions?

Mitro        Cisse

De Jong         

Saivet        Shelvey   

Taylor ahead of Mbemba is an unforgivable mistake.

Mitro        Cisse

De Jong         

Saivet        Shelvey   

Taylor ahead of Mbemba is an unforgivable mistake.

Mbemba's in goal.

I doubt Rafa will change the system as dramatically as that. I would be OK with Perez sitting out a game or two.

Yeah, it was just a response to whether or not we could fit all three in the same team, I wouldn't play that formation :lol: