Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

The problem is, no one in their right minds would take him off our hands as they'll be lumbered with the same problem.

He'll more than likely see out his contract making 3 appearances off the bench every 4 months.

Not really too bothered tbh. For the sake of getting peanuts, we may as well keep him here. There's a good player in there, and in today's market getting £3m or so is meaningless. Even if we can get him fit for 50% of the season he could win us some crucial points.

That's £3m plus whatever wages he's on though. Given his history I'd be amazed at him being fit for even 50% of the season. Then, when he is 'fit', it'll take him games to get up to match fitness. Once that's happened he'll probably get swallowed up by a fucking sink-hole opening up under Burton's pitch or impaled by a Unicorn or something. This fucker just can't be relied on at all. Not his fault, but it's taking the piss. Like I said, and others before me, it's irrelevant, no one in their right mind is gonna take him off our hands. Ah well.

You'd have to pay wages for any replacement in the squad as well, so really we are talking about a piddling transfer fee at the end of the day. Our only objective is to get promoted, like Sissoko and Wijnaldum, he's a player who will prove far too good for the championship so if he's here and plays some part, he'll make us stronger. He was fit for the last quarter of the season, he just didn't get picked. A hamstring injury isn't going to keep him out for too long anyway.

Just can't justify paying this bloke a couple of million quid a year in the championship when he's either injured or about to be injured. He's of no use to us at all, cut our losses and get shot. May well be a nice lad, good pro etc but gives you zero.

club calling his and Mbabu's knocks "slight" hope it's just a tweak/precautionary.

A slight knock for de Jong will mean he's only out for about 4 or 5 months. Great news.

You'd have to pay wages for any replacement in the squad as well, so really we are talking about a piddling transfer fee at the end of the day. Our only objective is to get promoted, like Sissoko and Wijnaldum, he's a player who will prove far too good for the championship so if he's here and plays some part, he'll make us stronger. He was fit for the last quarter of the season, he just didn't get picked. A hamstring injury isn't going to keep him out for too long anyway.

He takes up wages that could be spent on a player who will provide genuine competition for places and offer more throughout the season. One of the (admittedly many) reasons we went down was having the highest injury list in the league two years running and first team players feeling complacent. We don't have much creativity and this is one area we could bring in a player and let De Jong go without adding to the wage bill. I hope I'm wrong, but if we keep him, chances are that what has happened the previous two years will continue because these are the types of injuries that are likely to recur and he's shown a history of it.

Guest chopey

Taxi driver on one of those s**** FB groups:

"On Saturday I posted about Siem de Jong!dont know if anyone remembers well he back from Ireland while the rest of the squad are continuing their tour and me being the nosy fucka asked him why he back so soon? Now make of this what you wish but he asks me to take him to central station when he's going for a scan??? Now howay why is he going to the central station when the hospital NUFC use for medicals and scans and the likes is the Nuffield in jesmond approximately 500 meters from his home."

If true either hes injured again or hes off.

I reckon he said he was going for scran and was actually heading to The Centurion for some bait.

Turns out I'm ITK.

I've got more info £5 per PM.

I love  good ITK story, especially a first hand account like yours, but you've basically just told us that our most injury prone player for a generation is injured  :D

Cant believe he was allowed to do that.

Thought he would have fired it backward, or held onto the arrow.

Also thought it was Klopp for a second.

:lol: twang!

Prophetic as it turns out, although I wasn't referring to his hamstring at the time.  :-X

Ooh look at me, I can predict the future.

Prophetic.

:lol: This needs more love.

Taxi driver on one of those s**** FB groups:

"On Saturday I posted about Siem de Jong!dont know if anyone remembers well he back from Ireland while the rest of the squad are continuing their tour and me being the nosy fucka asked him why he back so soon? Now make of this what you wish but he asks me to take him to central station when he's going for a scan??? Now howay why is he going to the central station when the hospital NUFC use for medicals and scans and the likes is the Nuffield in jesmond approximately 500 meters from his home."

If true either hes injured again or hes off.

I reckon he said he was going for scran and was actually heading to The Centurion for some bait.

Turns out I'm ITK.

I've got more info £5 per PM.

I love  good ITK story, especially a first hand account like yours, but you've basically just told us that our most injury prone player for a generation is injured  :D

Well I can't give away all the good stuff for free can I?  ;)