Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Although I hate the sentence 'he could be like new signing', mainly because it's had such negative connotations for us in the past, I do think Siem could be just that. IF he can stay fit he could be a real asset for us this season. Perez is really patchy as a number 10 and Shelvey & Ritchie are our only sources of creativity. I hope he comes good and proves himself finally.

3 years left on his deal FFS. What a mess of a club.

Was there any indication he was going to be so injured? IMO if he's stayed fit we would be talking about one of the better Carr-era signings.

:thup: In the few game that he played, hes looked pretty decent imo.

He had a decent season with PSV by all accounts, maybe some of his injury problems are behind him? He managed to play 21 times and scored 7 goals.

When fit he's better at what he does than a good chunk of the players we're being linked with.. personally i'd like to see him given a chance

He was obviously not 100% when we got him because there is no way Ajax would have let their captain and most influential player leave for so relatively little a fee.

Maybe the club knew this and took a gamble?

Overall he's been unlucky, that first injury kept him out for 6 months, then another 2 with the collapsed lung.

Did ok when he played, when obviously not up to pace. Then he had the eye thing which was a freak accident apparently.

Hopefully Rafa sees something in him when back to warrant a run in the team.

Guest neesy111

He has never looked good even when he's been fit though. He's so slow and undynamic.

In Rafa's 1st home game, him coming on changed the match for us against the mackems.

He has decent movement off the ball and is quite intelligent with his touches. It's not enough in the PL though. He's so unimposing physically despite his size and doesn't have any turn of pace. He also can't dribble with the ball at all, which is basically terminal if you're wanting to be an attacking midfielder here.

In a really struggling side lacking in goals and creativity, and if he was fit, he could perhaps have some use coming off the bench for the last 30 mins of games to offer bit of quality on the ball and maybe some movement to nab the odd goal. We're in for a long season if that's the case though.

Guest neesy111

De jong should not be our number 10 this season, if he is we are in for a very long season.

Guest firetotheworks

Might as well be dead the way some people round here are talking about him.

Completely inconceivable that he could manage a training session without breaking every bone in his body.

Thinly veiled 'I'm ITK'

We would have Perez, Diame and De Jong all playing for the same position, which would almost certainly rule us out of signing a top quality number 10.

It's for this reason why he needs moved on, probably Diame too but he might be useful. Perez is a smart enough player at this level.

I'd genuinely bin Diame over De Jong.

Ditto. Seen enough of Mo; not seen enough of Siem (... though nor has anyone since about 2013 iirc). That said, who was it he missed the critical header against 2015-16? Remember feeling like I'd seen enough at that point.

Diame scores the odd good goal so for me is useful to have on the bench in certain games.

Does that warrant a place in the squad though?

Should be for players who will genuinely be challenging for a first team place.

I'd genuinely bin Diame over De Jong.

Ditto. Seen enough of Mo; not seen enough of Siem (... though nor has anyone since about 2013 iirc). That said, who was it he missed the critical header against 2015-16? Remember feeling like I'd seen enough at that point.

Villa. That was horrendous.