Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the guy but it's beyond even my naivety to have any faith he'll contribute for us.

I still reckon if he can manage to be available for at least half our games next season, if still here, he'll show to be more than up to it.

But he's not going to be, so it's a completely moot point. I think his past accomplishments before joining us are not to be sniffed at entirely. Granted he's shown next to nothing here other than the odd moment of class or missing sitters from what is probably a horrendous lack of match fitness.

Really had hoped he'd be our new Nolan with some continental flair mixed in.

Oh well.

I still reckon if he can manage to be available for at least half our games next season, if still here, he'll show to be more than up to it.

But he's not going to be, so it's a completely moot point. I think his past accomplishments before joining us are not to be sniffed at entirely. Granted he's shown next to nothing here other than the odd moment of class or missing sitters from what is probably a horrendous lack of match fitness.

Really had hoped he'd be our new Nolan with some continental flair mixed in.

Oh well.

If that becomes reality then it's likely that he hasn't played a game.

Think if he stays fit (big if) he will be useful to have in the sqaud. Good experience and talent, just a lack of fitness. Rafa will get the best out of what's left of him.

That header keeps replaying in my mind each time his name comes up. Along with that infamous eye injury he got.

Edit: didn't he also have a collapsed lung, from, as many here joked, going skydiving? :lol:

They weren't at the same time. One of his lungs collapsed twice. Apparently that's pretty common, so could happen again...

It will happen again. It's Siem de Jong.

• 1 month later...

He certainly does.

I've been so disappointed in his fitness problems, as there's talent and leadership there, it's just so frustrating to never see it due to injury.

He went from title winning captain to an utter sicknote, I hope he can prove his fitness a little better this season (if he stays of course)

I'll have to google how his loan went..

..23 apps 6 goals, not too bad!

Good for him. I've got a lot of time for de Jong. He could do a similar job for us that Viduka did in 2008, if he could stay fit.

As with Viduka, that's an absurd expectation, unfortunately.