Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

There's an amazing amount of goodwill toward Siem. Some would say that if he were English or ginger he'd get slated. Not me though, I like him.

FWIW I think he's shite and useless.

How much have you seen of him?

I genuinely haven't got a clue if he's good enough or not.

There's an amazing amount of goodwill toward Siem. Some would say that if he were English or ginger he'd get slated. Not me though, I like him.

FWIW I think he's shite and useless.

I'm almost in the same boat, but willing to give him more of a chance due to his previous injury record. From what I have seen of him, he's been slow and largely crap.

Aye. It's not really fitness, but athleticism and his skillset as a player.

I hate how slow he is and the fact he can't dribble with the ball. I think you're basically on a hiding to nowt in the PL usually as an attacking midfielder with those attributes.

Aye. It's not really fitness, but athleticism and his skillset as a player.

I hate how slow he is and the fact he can't dribble with the ball. I think you're basically on a hiding to nowt in the PL usually as an attacking midfielder with those attributes.

You could get by if you were a bit more physically robust like Nolan who had those attributes. I think De Jong has some qualities, just don't think he'll shine in English football because he's made of glass.

Think some of you would be proven very wrong if he could stay fit, he won't though (prove me wrong Siem!).

Yes he's slow, but he looks to have excellent awareness and good technique.

I'll say it. 

Was pap in the relegation season when he played.  Was ok against Spurs and Liverpool - little in the way of quality.  Next game missed a sitter. Always injured. 

Season before he scored a few and looked a talent.

But I have little hope for the lad.

Crystal Palace are interested in signing Newcastle flop Siem de Jong, according to reports.

De Jong, who signed for the Magpies in 2014, spent last season on loan at PSV.

His Newcastle career has been plagued by injuries, but Eagles boss Frank de Boer is keen on a reunion with the striker.

The pair worked together at Ajax for four years, winning four successive Eredivisie titles.

Despite returning to Newcastle in the summer, De Jong is not in manager Rafa Benitez’s first-team plans. He is behind Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic in the pecking order.

The Dutch international would play second fiddle to Christian Benteke at Selhurst Park, but could rediscover the form he showed under De Boer in Holland.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15465072.Crystal_Palace_interested_in_signing_Premier_League_flop/

Crystal Palace are interested in signing Newcastle flop Siem de Jong, according to reports.

His Newcastle career has been plagued by injuries, but Eagles boss Frank de Boer is keen on a reunion with the striker.

The pair worked together at Ajax for four years, winning four successive Eredivisie titles.

Despite returning to Newcastle in the summer, De Jong is not in manager Rafa Benitez’s first-team plans. He is behind Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic in the pecking order.

The Dutch international would play second fiddle to Christian Benteke at Selhurst Park, but could rediscover the form he showed under De Boer in Holland.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15465072.Crystal_Palace_interested_in_signing_Premier_League_flop/

Thought they were after his daft brother?

Aye good shout, probably lazy journalism...

He's one player I'd like to keep for the moment. Unless we get a really creative CM in, we should try keep him. Hopefully, he stays fit too. There are other shitty player that we could get rid off first. The guy that poked him in the eye, being one of them.

Aye good shout, probably lazy journalism...

All these white people look the same