2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's been some s*** teams in this world cup, tbh.

Despite the horrible loss yesterday, I've really enjoyed it. The best that I can remember, only 2002 beats it because of the fact that brazil won it.

'94 was better. You won that too, of course.

:sweetjesus: I was only 9 and I remember how fucking good that was.

I turned 8 on the day of the final. Just a fantastic introduction to the magic of the World Cup.

Idiotic not playing the Krul "super penalty saver" card. Set up the mind game perfectly if they put him on again in the sense Argies might have thought "oh shit it's the penalty keeper". Instead they keep on the keeper they told the world was not good enough for penalties a few days ago. As much as Van Gaal was lauded for his Krul trick, he should be scrutinised the same amount for his shit choice this time around.

Spot on this.

Despite the horrible loss yesterday, I've really enjoyed it. The best that I can remember, only 2002 beats it because of the fact that brazil won it.

:sweetjesus: I was only 9 and I remember how f***ing good that was.

I was obviously more cynical than you at that age, it's only recently that I've developed such an air of positivity.

You know what, I think it was the West Side Story song that made that WC.

To be frank, besides yesterday's game I think this WC has been pretty crap. I wonder how many goals have been scored within the 90 minutes in the knockout rounds, if you take out yesterday's 8 goals.

Too many teams playing scared.

Remember my parents waking me up so I could watch the pens during the '94 final.

Having watch a few of the FIFA films, '86 seemed pretty fucking good like.

Ah well, we gave it our best shot and it could have gone either way, but unfortunately luck wasn't on our side. Well played Argentina, but I think Germany will have to much for them...

:thup: van Gaal did a fantastic job with the team you guys had. Really impressed. Said it from the beginning though, the two best teams played on the same side of the bracket :lol:

I agree Flip. I'm just glad we acquited ourselves well without needing to play dirty this time. On another day this squad would have reached a World Cup f***ing final. :clap:

To be frank, besides yesterday's game I think this WC has been pretty crap. I wonder how many goals have been scored within the 90 minutes in the knockout rounds, if you take out yesterday's 8 goals.

I wonder why... :iamatwat:

Idiotic not playing the Krul "super penalty saver" card. Set up the mind game perfectly if they put him on again in the sense Argies might have thought "oh shit it's the penalty keeper". Instead they keep on the keeper they told the world was not good enough for penalties a few days ago. As much as Van Gaal was lauded for his Krul trick, he should be scrutinised the same amount for his shit choice this time around.

All that said though, I'm happy the Argies made it through. Hope the Germans will steamroll them in the final, though.

:thup: That and Vlaar taking the first pen were idiotic managerial decisions.  You've got a keeper stood there knowing the manager doesn't think he's any good at saving pens.

I mean, what could go wrong sending an Aston Villa central defender to take a pen in a shoot out?

Yeah but then again I was 3 years old.

And '94 was crap too. I believe a lot of people romanticize it because we were kids. 1998 and 2002 were both better, imho. My fave is obviously 1990, though.

As sad it sounds 2002 was hard to enjoy too much because of the kick off times.

Waking up early to watch England v Nigeria :anguish:

Expecting the final to be like tonight tbh, Germany were fantastic but part of it was because of the space Brazil gave them. Think Argentina will much more concerned about limiting their space thus stifling the Germans somewhat.

Germany are still the favourite, but i don't see the game being open at all.

:lol: I predict at least 3 replies that imply the reason you say that is you being Spanish.

The knockouts have seen a decrease in fearless, enterprising football but still lots of dramas.  All recent World Cups have seen far more cagey football in the later stages.

And '94 was crap too. I believe a lot of people romanticize it because we were kids. 1998 and 2002 were both better, imho. My fave is obviously 1990, though.

'98? Nah, might be because until yesterday it was the worst defeat I've witnessed, but I really enjoyed this one. Had everything, great goals, surprises, disappointments, a unbelievable shock and some incredible finishes in ET and penalties.

As sad it sounds 2002 was hard to enjoy too much because of the kick off times.

Waking up early to watch England v Nigeria :anguish:

Was horrific. Watching Eng-Brazil in the hall at school before first lesson. Destroyed it all.

Expecting the final to be like tonight tbh, Germany were fantastic but part of it was because of the space Brazil gave them. Think Argentina will much more concerned about limiting their space thus stifling the Germans somewhat.

Germany are still the favourite, but i don't see the game being open at all.

:thup: Think Germany wins but it's going to be real close. Maybe even penalties.

:lol: I predict at least 3 replies that imply the reason you say that is you being Spanish.

:lol: I was almost one of the three.

Same :lol:

Some of the European and North/Central American teams have stifled the excitement a bit with their negativity in the latter stages, but in general this is the most vibrant and interesting World Cup I can remember.

Fwiw, I enjoyed 2010 more than 2006 and nearly as much as 2002.

Same :lol:

:lol: That's effectively 3 then, including Deuce.