2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To be frank, besides yesterday's game I think this WC has been pretty crap. I wonder how many goals have been scored within the 90 minutes in the knockout rounds, if you take out yesterday's 8 goals.

Too many teams playing scared.

:lol: I predict at least 3 replies that imply the reason you say that is you being Spanish.

:lol: I was almost one of the three.

Same :lol:

:lol: That's effectively 3 then, including Deuce.

:lol: I resent you putting us out there like this, IP.

And '94 was crap too. I believe a lot of people romanticize it because we were kids. 1998 and 2002 were both better, imho. My fave is obviously 1990, though.

The one you hosted in 82 is comfortably the best World Cup I've seen in my lifetime, and I started as a six year old in 74. 90 is second best and 78 third.

To be frank, besides yesterday's game I think this WC has been pretty crap. I wonder how many goals have been scored within the 90 minutes in the knockout rounds, if you take out yesterday's 8 goals.

I wonder why... :iamatwat:

Nothing to do with us losing. We didn't get out of our group in 1998 either and I loved that tournament.

And '94 was crap too. I believe a lot of people romanticize it because we were kids. 1998 and 2002 were both better, imho. My fave is obviously 1990, though.

The one you hosted in 82 is comfortably the best World Cup I've seen in my lifetime, and I started as a six year old in 74. 90 is second best and 78 third.

Northern Ireland likes this.

As sad it sounds 2002 was hard to enjoy too much because of the kick off times.

Waking up early to watch England v Nigeria :anguish:

Was horrific. Watching Eng-Brazil in the hall at school before first lesson. Destroyed it all.

My parents writing to the school that I had a dentist's appointment then coming to pick me up for it at lunchtime so I could watch England vs Tunisia in '98. :smug:

I wonder why... :iamatwat:

Nothing to do with us losing. We didn't get out of our group in 1998 either and I loved that tournament.

Nah, I was just messing with ya. The knock-outs are a definite step down from the group stage, but I still think this has been a wildly entertaining tournament.

Was horrific. Watching Eng-Brazil in the hall at school before first lesson. Destroyed it all.

My parents writing to the school that I had a dentist's appointment then coming to pick me up for it at lunchtime so I could watch England vs Tunisia in '98. :smug:

Watched that in our middle school French room as it was the only one that had a TV with an aerial, absolute chaos when Shearer nodded in.

Our RE teacher let us watch that game on the classroom TV instead of doing work. Good days.

I was 4 at the time, so I really only have fragmentary memories of that one.

Watched that in our middle school French room as it was the only one that had a TV with an aerial, absolute chaos when Shearer nodded in.

Chaos. :lol:

Chaos. :lol:

My 12 year old self definitely thought so.

Anyhoo...

@MartinLipton  4m

Van Gaal suggests 2 players declined to take the first penalty, so he turned to Vlaar. Asked who, he said it was a 'humiliating question'

Our RE teacher let us watch that game on the classroom TV instead of doing work. Good days.

I was at uni, we'd skip class, sneak into some unused classroom and watch the game there, since all had TVs (the perks of studying audiovisual communication). Good times.

My dad says that's the only tournament he actually shed some tears for Brazil going out. He says 5th of July is the worst date he's experienced as a Brazilian football fan and says that yesterdays loss comes close but is still eclipsed by that loss.

Northern Ireland likes this.

Remember that Friday night game and Billy Hamilton and Gerry Armstrong. I remember giggling like the schoolboy I was when Lopez Ufarte had his name mentioned and also the ridiculous style the Spanish players tucked the sides of their shorts in so they looked like nappies. Aside from that it was about Brazil playing stuff I'd never seen the likes of and Argentina failing miserably for them but hilariously for us whilst they were getting schooled in the South Atlanitic by HM Armed Forces.

Pens should have been Robben, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Sneijder and Clasy. I admire Vlaar for having the guts for taking the first after possibly the best defensive display this World Cup tonight, but his team mates really hung him out to dry by sending him out as the first man to take one.. :(

Pens should have been Robben, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Sneijder and Clasy. I admire Vlaar for having the guts for taking the first after possibly the best defensive display this World Cup tonight, but his team mates really hung him out to dry by sending him out as the first man to take one.. :(

He was amazing tonight. Don't be sad though, you're playing in the real final in Brasilia.

Regarding Krul, I think after the secondd half Van Gaal felt we had the upper hand at that point and Huntelaar could be the difference. i don't blame him, seeing as it was like playing with 10 men sometimes with Van Persie.

My dad says that's the only tournament he actually shed some tears for Brazil going out. He says 5th of July is the worst date he's experienced as a Brazilian football fan and says that yesterdays loss comes close but is still eclipsed by that loss.

Mate, they were so special. I'll never forget watching the Scotland game.....another Friday night job. And the Ghillie Jockoes having the cheek to take the lead...you could actually see the hackles rise and they proceeded to tear therm apart

He was amazing tonight. Don't be sad though, you're playing in the real final in Brasilia.

:lol: :(

Netherlands defender Ron Vlaar - who missed the first penalty for the Dutch: "I would never walk away from my responsibility. I wasn't nervous, I was focused.

Feel sorry for Vlaar reading that, volunteering when you know that 2 big names refused to step up to the plate.

Had a great game.

Netherlands defender Ron Vlaar - who missed the first penalty for the Dutch: "I would never walk away from my responsibility. I wasn't nervous, I was focused.

Feel sorry for Vlaar reading that, volunteering when you know that 2 big names refused to step up to the plate.

Had a great game.

Absolutely massive :clap: