2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post-World Cup depression has really hit in. Know there's two games left, but I don't want to go back to relying on Newcastle every weekend to find some sort of enjoyment from this sport. Been such a fantastic month.

Can't see past the Germans for this.

I can. For me it's 50/50. Argentina have been boring, but extremely solid. Read an article on how they remind of Brazil 94 side and they really do. Depend on Messi as we did on Romario and are defensively very solid.

I can. For me it's 50/50. Argentina have been boring, but extremely solid. Read an article on how they remind of Brazil 94 side and they really do. Depend on Messi as we did on Romario and are defensively very solid.

There's reason to claim they've been boring, but on the other hand pretty much every side have parked the bus against them. Could be different tomorrow night.

There's reason to claim they've been boring, but on the other hand pretty much every side have parked the bus against them. Could be different tomorrow night.

Fair enough, but I don't think every team has parked the bus tbf, I think that going forward they really depend on Messi and he's been nullified for almost 89mins every game.

Guest Howaythetoon

Messi needs to perform and help his team win the World Cup if he is to be the greatest of them all. Its his moment to make it so.

Holland XI: same as v Argentina except Clasie for De Jong

Can't this shit just finish in a draw? Such a depressing game to watch before a ball has even been kicked.

Got to be annoyed if you're the reserve keeper and you're not even getting a run out in the game of utter pointlessness.

:thup: Although I think for Brazil it's more about Julio Cesar playing his last game for the national side and not letting him personally get the chance to leave this on a high. Hopefully he gets his bronze-medal and isn't only remembered for the 2010 WC and the 7 goals conceded earlier this week. Glad to see Scolari gave Maxwell a chance which means everyone except Victor and Jefferson will have played.

Never noticed such a hatred for 3rd/4th place playoff in previous WCs tbh. :lol:

I've never seen Brazil play this so :lol: There's a first for everything I guess. Although I'm starting to get excited for it, time for the team to prove everyone that it was just a freak accident, although I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose by 3 or 4 since the team seems completely down.

Maicon against Colombia was no better than Alves was against Chile.

Both of them are painfully past it, sadly for Brazil there doesn't to be many obvious options coming through.

I don't agree, Maicons game against Colombia was the best fullback performance for this side in the whole tournament.

And the best player I saw for our u17 team was Auro, a right defender that is already compared to Dani Alves and plays for Sao Paulo. Hopefully he can keep on developing as he showed a lot of promise.