2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love Flip trying to claw himself to moral high ground. "Well...well...we don't riot!!"

Only jesting of course, but it's still funny.

I stood up together with a majority of the stadium to applaud a 7th goal, Klose being subbed off and a national team that had just gone into the history books for all the wrong reasons in probably the darkest day of Brazilian football. It has nothing to do with moral high ground or whatever you think and all down to do with the fact that a big part of this country has shown the world that all their pre-conceived ideas are wrong.

Also, people saying this is the end of Brazilian football comparing a 200 million populated country to the island of yours. We are the biggest nation in footballing history, between our third win and 4th win it went 24 years, we will have some great players maturing for Russia and there's no doubt in my mind that we'll win it.

As for the Neymar, I don't see what's wrong with holding a shirt of an injured player? This squad has been known for being extremely close (except in midfield where they apparently play like there's 200miles between each other) and Neymar was a big part of the team. He carried us past the group stage and without an injury against Chile we would've seen the best of him in the quarter finals and semi finals.

We'll be back, just like Germany once disappeared and came back and just like Italy does every 24 years.

If he was dead it'd be okay. What they're doing now is just telling the world that Neymar is much bigger than the team and more important than the 11 out there at that time. He might just be, but the players shouldn't tell the world they agree. It's well :anguish: worthy.

You completely missed the point, they'd do the same if it was fucking Oscar or Fred. It's about the team, I've seen teams do the same when players have broken their legs and had other injuries. This happens quite often with a message of support. It's also different because he was unable to leave his home to watch at the stadium because of a fractured back. They just wanted to show him how much he means. ''Dead'', like we in life should only pay tribute to dead people ffs.

Well, yeah. You don't fucking tribute a living, breathing, player in that way. You're putting Neymar way above Brazil as a unit, and it's deterimental. Both the team and the press seemingly spent the lead-up treating the match like some testimonial, and it got them a testimonial scoreline. The biggest and best tribute to Neymar would be playing on, and winning the world cup, and then praising his contribution to the team for helping them get there. I'm not going solely against the shirt holding, but the entire run-up full of self-loathing "the rest of the team sucks - we'll lose without Neymar" all over, and then the team basically say they agree by putting Neymar above the team. Why not hold up a shirt with the player replacing Neymar up, saying "hey, we trust you as much as we trust Neymar. You can do it!". That's what a team should do. Appreciate the entire team. Not worship one player.

Love Flip trying to claw himself to moral high ground. "Well...well...we don't riot!!"

I stood up together with a majority of the stadium to applaud a 7th goal, Klose being subbed off and a national team that had just gone into the history books for all the wrong reasons in probably the darkest day of Brazilian football. It has nothing to do with moral high ground or whatever you think and all down to do with the fact that a big part of this country has shown the world that all their pre-conceived ideas are wrong.

Also, people saying this is the end of Brazilian football comparing a 200 million populated country to the island of yours. We are the biggest nation in footballing history, between our third win and 4th win it went 24 years, we will have some great players maturing for Russia and there's no doubt in my mind that we'll win it.

As for the Neymar, I don't see what's wrong with holding a shirt of an injured player? This squad has been known for being extremely close (except in midfield where they apparently play like there's 200miles between each other) and Neymar was a big part of the team. He carried us past the group stage and without an injury against Chile we would've seen the best of him in the quarter finals and semi finals.

We'll be back, just like Germany once disappeared and came back and just like Italy does every 24 years.

If he was dead it'd be okay. What they're doing now is just telling the world that Neymar is much bigger than the team and more important than the 11 out there at that time. He might just be, but the players shouldn't tell the world they agree. It's well :anguish: worthy.

You completely missed the point, they'd do the same if it was fucking Oscar or Fred. It's about the team, I've seen teams do the same when players have broken their legs and had other injuries. This happens quite often with a message of support. It's also different because he was unable to leave his home to watch at the stadium because of a fractured back. They just wanted to show him how much he means. ''Dead'', like we in life should only pay tribute to dead people ffs.

Well, yeah. You don't fucking tribute a living, breathing, player in that way. You're putting Neymar way above Brazil as a unit, and it's deterimental. Both the team and the press seemingly spent the lead-up treating the match like some testimonial, and it got them a testimonial scoreline. The biggest and best tribute to Neymar would be playing on, and winning the world cup, and then praising his contribution to the team for helping them get there. I'm not going solely against the shirt holding, but the entire run-up full of self-loathing "the rest of the team sucks - we'll lose without Neymar" all over, and then the team basically say they agree by putting Neymar above the team. Why not hold up a shirt with the player replacing Neymar up, saying "hey, we trust you as much as we trust Neymar. You can do it!". That's what a team should do. Appreciate the entire team. Not worship one player.

they were more concerned with getting caps made and holding up shirts to actually consider the game that was about to unfold, they lost their fucking heads completely over the whole thing and once the goal went in the they broke immediately

it was all very, very pitiful tbh

and the stupid Neymar hats.

#ForNeymar or something wasn't it?

#ForçaNeymar basically giving neymar force. To bad they gave him all their force so they had none left for the game. :anguish:

You completely missed the point, they'd do the same if it was f***ing Oscar or Fred. It's about the team, I've seen teams do the same when players have broken their legs and had other injuries. This happens quite often with a message of support. It's also different because he was unable to leave his home to watch at the stadium because of a fractured back. They just wanted to show him how much he means. ''Dead'', like we in life should only pay tribute to dead people ffs.

Well, yeah. You don't f***ing tribute a living, breathing, player in that way. You're putting Neymar way above Brazil as a unit, and it's deterimental. Both the team and the press seemingly spent the lead-up treating the match like some testimonial, and it got them a testimonial scoreline. The biggest and best tribute to Neymar would be playing on, and winning the world cup, and then praising his contribution to the team for helping them get there. I'm not going solely against the shirt holding, but the entire run-up full of self-loathing "the rest of the team sucks - we'll lose without Neymar" all over, and then the team basically say they agree by putting Neymar above the team. Why not hold up a shirt with the player replacing Neymar up, saying "hey, we trust you as much as we trust Neymar. You can do it!". That's what a team should do. Appreciate the entire team. Not worship one player.

WTF are you on about Kaiz? Seriously, you're posting that without a single clue of what you are talking about. It's not worshipping Neymar, like I said we'd have seen the same for Fred (who fuck me was abysmal in this tournament, so off the pace it's ridiculous, had confidence he could turn it around until he was garbage once again against Colombia).

http://i.imgur.com/MOc3lPK.png

Look at those names, man. :lol: Cuthbert Ottaway, Arnold Kirke-Smith, John Brockbank. Can almost smell the tweed.

:lol:

Those tactics doe :megusta:

You completely missed the point, they'd do the same if it was f***ing Oscar or Fred. It's about the team, I've seen teams do the same when players have broken their legs and had other injuries. This happens quite often with a message of support. It's also different because he was unable to leave his home to watch at the stadium because of a fractured back. They just wanted to show him how much he means. ''Dead'', like we in life should only pay tribute to dead people ffs.

Well, yeah. You don't f***ing tribute a living, breathing, player in that way. You're putting Neymar way above Brazil as a unit, and it's deterimental. Both the team and the press seemingly spent the lead-up treating the match like some testimonial, and it got them a testimonial scoreline. The biggest and best tribute to Neymar would be playing on, and winning the world cup, and then praising his contribution to the team for helping them get there. I'm not going solely against the shirt holding, but the entire run-up full of self-loathing "the rest of the team sucks - we'll lose without Neymar" all over, and then the team basically say they agree by putting Neymar above the team. Why not hold up a shirt with the player replacing Neymar up, saying "hey, we trust you as much as we trust Neymar. You can do it!". That's what a team should do. Appreciate the entire team. Not worship one player.

:clap:

Somewhere in Brasil is a warehouse full of shitty Nike #ForçaNeymar caps that won't be going on sale.

:lol: :lol:  I really hope they didn't mass-produce them.

I didn't see France holding up Ribery shirts, or Colombia Falcao shirts. It was over the top cheesy sentimentality instead of focusing on the task at hand. Whether it played a part or not in yesterday's clusterfuck of a game (from Brazil's perspective) can't be proven, but it wouldn't surprise me. May as well have waved a white flag.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Look at those names, man. :lol: Cuthbert Ottaway, Arnold Kirke-Smith, John Brockbank. Can almost smell the tweed.

All those forwards and it still finished 0-0 :lol:

Probably played them all at left back, that's about the era Pardew got his tactics from isn't it?

I didn't see France holding up Ribery shirts, or Colombia Falcao shirts. It was over the top cheesy sentimentality instead of focusing on the task at hand. Whether it played a part or not in yesterday's clusterfuck of a game (from Brazil's perspective) can't be proven, but it wouldn't surprise me. May as well have waved a white flag.

Another one unable to see the point. Did Ribery play in the WC? Did Falcao play in the WC? Did any of those two injure themselves so bad they couldn't even sit in the stadium to watch the game, instead had to be back home to watch it? Neymar left the group that badly injured and that badly devastated that the players felt like  doing something for him. Since I live in Sweden I know that the empathy-level in nothern europe is almost non-existent but I swear to god they didn't do this as a way to put him above the team, they did this to show support to a devastated 22 year old kid who missed probably the biggest game in his career.

Everyone was from London :lol:

"I must join issue with your correspondent in some instances. First, I assert that of whatever the Scotch eleven may have been composed the right to play was open to every Scotchman [Alcock's italics] whether his lines were cast North or South of the Tweed and that if in the face of the invitations publicly given through the columns of leading journals of Scotland the representative eleven consisted chiefly of Anglo-Scotians ... the fault lies on the heads of the players of the north, not on the management who sought the services of all alike impartially. To call the team London Scotchmen contributes nothing. The match was, as announced, to all intents and purposes between England and Scotland"

Didn't want to play the Scots because....

"More than eleven we do not care to play as it is with greater numbers it is our opinion the game becomes less scientific and more a trial of charging and brute force... Charles W Alcock, Hon Sec of Football Association and Captain of English Eleven"

Here was our star striker

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Robert_Smith_b1843.jpg/200px-Robert_Smith_b1843.jpg

Another one unable to see the point. Did Ribery play in the WC? Did Falcao play in the WC? Did any of those two injure themselves so bad they couldn't even sit in the stadium to watch the game, instead had to be back home to watch it? Neymar left the group that badly injured and that badly devastated that the players felt like  doing something for him. Since I live in Sweden I know that the empathy-level in nothern europe is almost non-existent but I swear to god they didn't do this as a way to put him above the team, they did this to show support to a devastated 22 year old kid who missed probably the biggest game in his career.

I do enjoy your needless little jabs, 7-1 loser boy.

I would like to describe it as mawkish sentimentality.

Fair enough, probably is as well, but at the same time they didn't do it as a way to dismiss the ability of his replacement or so.

I do enjoy your needless little jabs, 7-1 loser boy.