2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

m8

Rather play 7 games in a World Cup than go out crashing in the group stages in last place without winning 1. m8

fuck that like, we just politely disappeared from the tournament and our fans got on with enjoying a world cup, you just got your back passage absolutely fucking ripped to shreds by a bunch of wide-cocked Germans. You're going to be walking with a limp for at least a decade.

m8

Rather play 7 games in a World Cup than go out crashing in the group stages in last place without winning 1. m8

f*** that like, we just politely disappeared from the tournament and our fans got on with enjoying a world cup, you just got your back passage absolutely f***ing ripped to shreds by a bunch of wide-cocked Germans. You're going to be walking with a limp for at least a decade.

Sounds like we got the same treatment as Nasri's girlfriend. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Still biting man FFS.

Biting :lol: It only works one way I see.

http://i.imgur.com/MOc3lPK.png

Look at those names, man. :lol: Cuthbert Ottaway, Arnold Kirke-Smith, John Brockbank. Can almost smell the tweed.

:lol:

Those tactics doe :megusta:

Scotland clearly set to spoil the game with that 2-2-6 :huff:

Can we have Diego Costa back? I'd love to have Thiago ''back'' as well.

Sorry flip. Finders keepers.

Still amazed you let Costa slip by with the likes of Fred starting for Brazil.

Let slip. :yao: Spain offered him money, no pressure and hoes for the rest of his life. We can't match that.

I was just shocked by the lack of shape, discipline, or tactics/adjustments by Brazil. Nothing was working, and there didn't seem a bit of clue how to get out of it. Soon as it went 1-0 down and the quick 2-0 it was curtains. Felt like watching Newcastle play, the defeated before they enter the pitch type meltdown.

I feel for Flip, I also feel for Brazil, I feel for myself having to not get a chance to enjoy a top football match. I also respect the f*** out of Germany for their ability to punish Brazil on every mistake they made in those 6 minutes. Whether it was a a Brazil lay-down or a German execution story is really up for debate -- what I saw last night was just an awful football match in terms of neutral, a master class of execution (many times you see teams not capitalize in those positions) by the Germans, and a poor showing and embarrassment by Brazil and their entire 23 not named Neymar last night.

:thup: Although Thiago Silva saved face by casually being suspended for this game. Probably knew what was going to happen.

Aye, forgot about Thiago - does David Luiz rely on him to organize?

Possibly, I don't think the game yesterday has any bearing on the qualities of the players individually, David Luiz has been excellent the whole tournament until last night. Yesterday was a freak accident. Germany would've problably won anyways, but the result is just freakish.

:thup:

The challenge will be for Brazil to shake it off and move forward. Time to say goodbye to the likes of Maicon, Dani Alves, Fernandinho, Fred, etc. and start building around the youngsters. Looking forward to seeing more of Lucas Moura, Coutinho, Marquinhos, Bernard.

And you'd better hope a #9 magically appears over the next few years. I don't think Fred is a bad player; he showed in the Confederations Cup that he's capable of playing a complementary role if given the support around him. But he's just not a real threat.

No, Felipao, you get it wrong.  What I mean is the quality of players, not their performance.  Even with Thiago Silva and Neymar, the statement still stands - Germany is much, much stronger than Brazil.  Brazil has no more playmaker once Neymar's done, while Germany is putting a 35m rated Gotze firmly on the bench.

Looking back, the only way for Brazil to win was to do a "Mourinho Bus".  My question, or my point is, would you, a die hard supporter for the Yellow, accept such tactic on your home ground? 

Scolari "got it super wrong" by trying to overpower Germany purely by emotion and home pressure and was spectacularly backfired.  The sad thing is probably he has no choice because no one can accept Brazil to play anti-football, which I think is the only way for Brazil to win last night.

I disagree that Brazil's squad wasn't good enough to win this World Cup. Up there with the best imho in terms of individual players' quality, and certainly much better than ours.

It wasn't good enough.  This team was a lot weaker than the one in 2002.  No strikers (Ronaldo).  No magician except Neymar (Ronaldinho and Rivaldo).  No reliable holding midfielders (Kleberson and Gilberto Silva). No reliable full backs (Carlos and Cafu).  While Thiago and Luiz are the strongest CB partnership in the world, they have no backups.

Whether it is "good enough" depends on your opponent as well.  Germany is the strongest in the planet right now, no question.  This Brazil will never be able to beat this Germany.

Netherlands got Robben, the best player in this World Cup.  That's enough. He can win you all matches as long as you don't concede much at the back.

Not sure I agree. Ronaldo came into that World Cup on the back of 2 injury-ridden seasons in which he was well out of favour at Inter. Easy to cite Ronaldinho with hindsight but he was still at PSG at this stage - Oscar, for one, has accomplished more at the same stage of his career. Kleberson is fucking shit, as his stint at Man Utd proved, and I'd argue that Luiz Gustavo is as good as Gilberto was. Fernandinho is an integral part of a great Man City side; Ramires a regular starter for Chelsea. Full-backs, fair enough, but Marcelo is still a Champions' League Winner and Dani Alves arguably the best right back of his generation. As you say, Brazil's current defence is strong but to say that Dante, a regular at Bayern, isn't an adequate backup is unfair.

I'm with Unbelievable - on paper at least, Brazil have one of the best teams in the World Cup and all this chat of them being a terrible side is something of a fallacy. Which, imo, makes their collapse last night all the more tragic.

Sorry flip. Finders keepers.

Still amazed you let Costa slip by with the likes of Fred starting for Brazil.

Let slip. :yao: Spain offered him money, no pressure and hoes for the rest of his life. We can't match that.

Guy's a late bloomer, but you could have called him up last year to the Confe Cup, for example - he already had a great season playing behind Falcao. You got f***ing Jô sitting in your bench Jesus wept.

I was just shocked by the lack of shape, discipline, or tactics/adjustments by Brazil. Nothing was working, and there didn't seem a bit of clue how to get out of it. Soon as it went 1-0 down and the quick 2-0 it was curtains. Felt like watching Newcastle play, the defeated before they enter the pitch type meltdown.

I feel for Flip, I also feel for Brazil, I feel for myself having to not get a chance to enjoy a top football match. I also respect the f*** out of Germany for their ability to punish Brazil on every mistake they made in those 6 minutes. Whether it was a a Brazil lay-down or a German execution story is really up for debate -- what I saw last night was just an awful football match in terms of neutral, a master class of execution (many times you see teams not capitalize in those positions) by the Germans, and a poor showing and embarrassment by Brazil and their entire 23 not named Neymar last night.

:thup: Although Thiago Silva saved face by casually being suspended for this game. Probably knew what was going to happen.

Aye, forgot about Thiago - does David Luiz rely on him to organize?

Possibly, I don't think the game yesterday has any bearing on the qualities of the players individually, David Luiz has been excellent the whole tournament until last night. Yesterday was a freak accident. Germany would've problably won anyways, but the result is just freakish.

:thup:

The challenge will be for Brazil to shake it off and move forward. Time to say goodbye to the likes of Maicon, Dani Alves, Fernandinho, Fred, etc. and start building around the youngsters. Looking forward to seeing more of Lucas Moura, Coutinho, Marquinhos, Bernard.

Absolutely. We have some very exciting players who you've mentioned, we also have Oscar who despite being the biggest disappointment in recent history for me still has the potential to be a future great.

I'm with Unbelievable - on paper at least, Brazil have one of the best teams in the World Cup and all this chat of them being a terrible side is something of a fallacy. Which, imo, makes their collapse last night all the more tragic hilarious.

Guest Howaythetoon

It was a staggering result, but the way many are going on you would think that football in Brazil is finished. All on the back of a crazy result, a freak result.

Germany are very good, easily one of the best team's in the world and they got everything spot on last night, but how bad were Brazil? Every single player had a mare and as a team they were all over the place.

They will bounce back though, and keep doing what they have always done, challenge for every tournament they participate in.

They need to make some drastic changes though, they need to ditch some of the older European players and put some faith in players that play in Brazil. They badly need a good all-round centre-forward and they need a midfield dynamo, far too light-weight and limp in there offensively.

As for Scolari... he has shown he is past his sell by date with awful tactics, team selection and a general negative approach throughout.

Brazil have been poor in the main and they can thank some dubious refereeing decisions, being the host nation and the performances of Neymar in particular for getting so far because they have been rank.

The beauty for them, however, is things can only get better surely, after this?!

Brazil are no longer 'Brazil' as we know of them, though, and never will be.

They will put out good teams, maybe even a great team one day, but they will never play like the Brazil of old because football has changed far too much, internally within their own game and of course globally. And that's a crying shame as a football fan.

That's why Chille were so much fun to watch and even Costa Rica, because they played without fear and played their own game.

Brazil to me are kind of having an identity crisis. Luiz is a perfect example. Here you have a CB who has to be tactically disciplined and switched on, yet he plays like a free spirit marauding forward without due care. He is quintessentially Brazilian in that sense, but the modern game demands him to be, well, un-Brazilian.

I'm liking this German side mind, a mix up of typical German efficiency and steel with pace, power and finesse. Arguably the best German side for decades and very well balanced at that.

Anyway, howay Holland for the World Cup!

It was a staggering result, but the way many are going on you would think that football in Brazil is finished. All on the back of a crazy result, a freak result.

Germany are very good, easily one of the best team's in the world and they got everything spot on last night, but how bad were Brazil? Every single player had a mare and as a team they were all over the place.

They will bounce back though, and keep doing what they have always done, challenge for every tournament they participate in.

They need to make some drastic changes though, they need to ditch some of the older European players and put some faith in players that play in Brazil. They badly need a good all-round centre-forward and they need a midfield dynamo, far too light-weight and limp in there offensively.

As for Scolari... he has shown he is past his sell by date with awful tactics, team selection and a general negative approach throughout.

Brazil have been poor in the main and they can thank some dubious refereeing decisions, being the host nation and the performances of Neymar in particular for getting so far because they have been rank.

The beauty for them, however, is things can only get better surely, after this?!

Brazil are no longer 'Brazil' as we know of them, though, and never will be.

They will put out good teams, maybe even a great team one day, but they will never play like the Brazil of old because football has changed far too much, internally within their own game and of course globally. And that's a crying shame as a football fan.

That's why Chille were so much fun to watch and even Costa Rica, because they played without fear and played their own game.

Brazil to me are kind of having an identity crisis. Luiz is a perfect example. Here you have a CB who has to be tactically disciplined and switched on, yet he plays like a free spirit marauding forward without due care. He is quintessentially Brazilian in that sense, but the modern game demands him to be, well, un-Brazilian.

I'm liking this German side mind, a mix up of typical German efficiency and steel with pace, power and finesse. Arguably the best German side for decades and very well balanced at that.

Anyway, howay Holland for the World Cup!

You speak as though Brazil have had no no nonsense defenders. On the contrary, they've had many over the years. David Luiz is the exception to the rule....he clearly is a very talented footballer just not as a centre back.

m8

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aDrS8r0G2T0/UGDBpgQB0bI/AAAAAAAATxo/aPIA1K1gbZc/s640/vy3vys.gif

My friend from Vigo says that Rafinha (Thiago's younger bro) is going to be brilliant - I hope he's right - and he's declared for Brazil.

Never gave a shit for me in FM. :joey: