2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superheros aren't supposed to fail.

Germany deserved it but I am sad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: fucking Pip

:lol: "Superheroes aren't supposed to fail".

:lol: :lol:

Absolutely howling at this, still. :lol: :lol: it's quintessential Pip. One of the worst posts I've ever read, but so brilliant.

You must not read your own posts then.

:lol: you're alright, Pip. But fuck you.

:lol: I'm hurting, man. Fuck, Messi was supposed to do it.

Cheer up, Pip. Always Ortiz and his bag of vitamins.

10487233_729892563736036_2833989412041218555_n.jpg

after 1000 days 179 kicks 16 headers 10 throw ins 3 corners kicks and nearly 19 and a half goals the world cup awards has finally come to an end and i think that it has been the most exciting and romantic world cup awards that there has ever been and i think for every country to be brought together as one for something as small as kicking a round shaped ball no bigger than a womans swollen head is such a beautiful thing and i am proud that i was able to be a part of it with you and i cant wait for the world cup awards next year so we can do it all over again and as the referee shares the last few droplets of his official referees paste with the players who have survived this far he will quietly tell them all to close their eyes for one last time and as they do he will slip a loom band over each of their wrists that he made when he was in his car and he will kiss them on their tired thighs and he will whisper brazilio into each of their ears and i know that each and every player should feel proud of themselfs right now even if they are one of the rubbish ones who let their whole country down because without them there would be no football just a empty set of goal posts inside of our hearts. love from your friend Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

:thup: Exactly.

Germany allow 3 meaningful goals, all to African sides. Argentina allow 4 goals in total, 2 scored by Nigeria. I am genuinely a pathetic person at the heart of things, so of course the is some sad solace in this.

Congratulations to the Germans. I was strongly supporting Argentina and they really wasted a chance to win here. The two opportunities gifted to Higuain and Palacio respectively need to be goals at this level of football. Messi's chance was a difficult angle, but I really expected the net to bulge. Argentina's Achille's heel in this tourney was surprisingly a lack of attacking quality to surround Messi. Higuan and Aguero genuinely had terrible tournaments, Lavezzi was useful only in spurts, and Palacio didn't look like he belonged, frankly. The auxiliary attackers had so much room to exploit today and just couldn't do anything with it. They haven't all tournament.

In the end, Argentina had the better chances, but Germany were the better side overall, and Die Mannschaft are probably the correct victors of the tournament.

Thank f*** the Copa America is on next summer :fwap:

Every major confederation have their championship between now and EURO 2016 in less than two years time. Fantastic for people like me who prefer it to the club game.

:lol: We're both better off if baseball isn't mentioned.

:lol: Fair. Cease fire.

FIRST PLACE!!

Every major confederation have their championship between now and EURO 2016 in less than two years time. Fantastic for people like me who prefer it to the club game.

FIRST PLACE!!

Halcyon days, think the Copa could be brilliant. 4 genuine candidates to win it and only 2 weaklinks in Jamaica (shame they didn't Costa Rica) and Bolivia taking part.

FIRST PLACE!!

Halcyon days, think the Copa could be brilliant. 4 genuine candidates to win it and only 2 weaklinks in Jamaica (shame they didn't Costa Rica) and Bolivia taking part.

Wonder who'll screen that?

Germans were great, congrats to them, what a team.

One thing bugs me though. I think Neuer's jump onto Higuain deserved a red card. You never ever jump with the knee first in situations like that. Unbelievable how much protection goalkeepers get these days. And the referee blew the whistle on Higuain. Madness.

Also amazing to think how young this German team is and the fact that Reus didn't even feature. Looking forward already to the Euros.

Germans were great, congrats to them, what a team.

One thing bugs me though. I think Neuer's jump onto Higuain deserved a red card. You never ever jump with the knee first in situations like that. Unbelievable how much protection goalkeepers get these days. And the referee blew the whistle on Higuain. Madness.

Also amazing to think how young this German team is and the fact that Reus didn't even feature. Looking forward already to the Euros.

Mate, apparently you can't jump without leading with your knee like that.

This was the worst World Cup my nation has experienced in over 15 years. The only scene we got in the World Cup montage was some random lass crying.

I'm still absolutely devastated that it's all done. I love sports. I love football. (Even despite Ashley, Pardew and all that bullshit.)

I love the World Cup. Long may it continue.

Worth noting that it's another tournament where the Premier League has again largely failed to show up. No players in the likely team of the tournament this year, none last time. In 2006, it was a 23 man squad system that was voted for - PL had 3/23, and in 2002, it was a 16 man squad - PL had 2/16.

Similar numbers in the last couple of Euros too.

This was the worst World Cup my nation has experienced in over 15 years. The only scene we got in the World Cup montage was some random lass crying.

I'm still absolutely devastated that it's all done. I love sports. I love football. (Even despite Ashley, Pardew and all that bullshit.)

I love the World Cup. Long may it continue.

:lol: Saw that people were throwing candy at the SK team in the airport.

On the plus side, got 2 Copa Americas in the next 2 years and the Euros in France IMO should be very decent. Planning to get myself over to Florida in 2016 for the Copa then. Failing that, France.

Nowt like the World Cup though.

Bra-zeeeeel.

Worth noting that it's another tournament where the Premier League has again largely failed to show up. No players in the likely team of the tournament this year, none last time. In 2006, it was a 23 man squad system that was voted for - PL had 3/23, and in 2002, it was a 16 man squad - PL had 2/16.

Similar numbers in the last couple of Euros too.

The dynamic of the PL is as different from typical WC football as it gets. I couldn't care less, frankly.