Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Guest firetotheworks

Didn't fully notice until it was on MOTD just then, but yeah, not good. Weird, because before then I would have said that he'd been solid, if unspectacular.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I'm not too sure but I think that he cut inside most of the time he went forward. Him and Santon in the same side should make things interesting for our back four  :scared:

Doesnt fill me with the same dread as when the ball goes out to Dummett on his own. Could have done better for the first goal but there wasn't a great deal of danger until Colo went mental.

Gonna agree with the standard "Debuchy-lite" comments. Look more than good enough for our level.

He should track Silva's run. But the real problem behind the goal was both Williamson and Coloccini being dragged to the ball.

Comical childlike defending from the both of them.

To be fair, it's not like they've both been at the club several years and could have been coached into forming a reasonable understanding by now.

Imagine John Terry not forming an understanding with his fellow CB and the coaching being blamed for it.

He should track Silva's run. But the real problem behind the goal was both Williamson and Coloccini being dragged to the ball.

Comical childlike defending from the both of them.

To be fair, it's not like they've both been at the club several years and could have been coached into forming a reasonable understanding by now.

Imagine John Terry not forming an understanding with his fellow CB and the coaching being blamed for it.

Thank you.

The amount of times him and Cabella got in good positions on the wing and there was no one to cross it too, so frustrating.

Encouraging that he's getting in these sort of positions though, does look like he has genuine class

Our attacking will be coming from either him, Cabella, De Jong basically, this season. He's FAR better on the ball than I thought, and I'd say he looks more creative in the attacking sense than Debuchy. He has a few moves in his locker (Debuchy generally just goes outside and crosses)

The amount of times him and Cabella got in good positions on the wing and there was no one to cross it too, so frustrating.

Encouraging that he's getting in these sort of positions though, does look like he has genuine class

It looked effortless at times for him. Always in right positions and a good touch on ball, very promising

He's a good player and I am not surprised he has settled in so well...he does like to get forward and he is good at it, but he needs better players to cover for him at the back when he goes down the flanks. Our defence was shocking yesterday..

As people have said, Janmaat is the most likely candidate for a summer sale where the club will probably pick up almost 10m if he keeps up a high standard in a poor side.

like the look of this lad. no doubt be sold  next summer.

Anyone see the interview on Skysports?

The words 'step' or 'stepping' and 'at this stage' were most definitley prominent.

Good signing who clearly has ambitions way above our current level. This is gonna be a feature under this lot so we had just better get used to it.

We are a good sized, well supported and well publicised club for players to showcase themselves: end of.

oh and a good payday for charlatans who are willing to brown nose....

like the look of this lad. no doubt be sold  next summer.

Anyone see the interview on Skysports?

The words 'step' or 'stepping' and 'at this stage' were most definitley prominent.

Good signing who clearly has ambitions way above our current level. This is gonna be a feature under this lot so we had just better get used to it.

We are a good sized, well supported and well publicised club for players to showcase themselves: end of.

oh and a good payday for charlatans who are willing to brown nose....

Yeah absolutely perfect example of the type of player told "come and play for us, put yourself in the shop window and you can get a payday moving to a bigger club while we get our sell on profit".

Losing players to bigger more successful clubs will always be an issue but it doesn't have to be firmly set in club policy as it is here. Just look at Everton, they tend to hold onto players and try and build a team whereas we're the complete opposite.