Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

I don't think we have seen the best of him yet.

Today he produced two great crosses which results in two goals, if that was Debuchy he probably wouldn't have been able to produce a cross like those.

As he settles in more he'll get better.

I always did say Debuchy was over rated, and I think Janmaat's performances are starting to show that.

How is Janmaat playing well proving that Debuchy was overrated? :lol:

“I worked with two very good managers in Van Gaal and Koeman,  and I’m working with another very good one now. I see the similarities between them.”

“Top managers have belief in themselves, they have strength, they stick to their philosophies.

They do not allow anyone to change those. That is how Alan Pardew has been.¨ “He has stuck to the same principles of belief and knowledge that helped make Koeman and Van Gaal great managers and he should be admired for the way he has turned things around.”

:o Has defended Pardew before as well.

Janmaat had a great game and is finding his feet in the PL - if he continues in this vein he will be a major asset to the club and going forward, is certainly one of the best RBs we have had. 2 crosses today just begged for someone to get on the end of them and the one for Colo's rare goal was a peach.

Both Janmaat and Perez are the main reasons for Pardew's escape from the bullet - disappointing in that sense but they are going to be great signings for the club. They are both what we would call 'Keegan players' and I don't doubt KK would have signed both of them given the option.

Our right hand side looks very good potentially with Janmaat and Cabella (Who'll get better and better). Janmaat has end product as well. Would like to see us go for a quality left winger.

Good post and quite correct - Janmaat and Cabella look good on the right, but Ameobi was desperate on the left....lost possession more times than I could count and ruined some good build-ups.

Guest RJberger

Janmaat had a great game and is finding his feet in the PL - if he continues in this vein he will be a major asset to the club and going forward, is certainly one of the best RBs we have had. 2 crosses today just begged for someone to get on the end of them and the one for Colo's rare goal was a peach.

Both Janmaat and Perez are the main reasons for Pardew's escape from the bullet - disappointing in that sense but they are going to be great signings for the club. They are both what we would call 'Keegan players' and I don't doubt KK would have signed both of them given the option.

Sold in the summer then.

Debuchy was more impressive initially and more dramatic, bombing forward out of position etc. Not sure who is better, but it's a massive relief to have got someone in who isn't a disaster.

Remember Stephen Carr  :lol:  :lol:

Fantastic cross for the second goal. Probably not as quick as Debuchy was but has a better end product and he likes to cut inside which gives Cabella more space on the wing. Seems like they linked together well today, looking very promosing.

Wah? Cabella tucked in a lot and spent a lot of time in the #10 position leaving Daryl acres of space to attack effectively.

On reflection Debuchy was a bit reckless when attacking. Often being way out of position as a result and having to sprint back full pelt. Janmaat is more conservative with his runs forward - maybe not as fit and therefore has to pick and choose better when to attack. But when he goes forward he's got real qualiy.

I recall Ameobi lost the ball on the left when Haidara had a made a good overlapping run. WBA countered but we had 3 lads in defence and Abeid I believe to defend. I reckon Debuchy would've been attacking leaving us 4vs3 disadvantaged on the counter

On reflection Debuchy was a bit reckless when attacking. Often being way out of position as a result and having to sprint back full pelt. Janmaat is more conservative with his runs forward - maybe not as fit and therefore has to pick and choose better when to attack. But when he goes forward he's got real qualiy.

I recall Ameobi lost the ball on the left when Haidara had a made a good overlapping run. WBA countered but we had 3 lads in defence and Abeid I believe to defend. I reckon Debuchy would've been attacking leaving us 4vs3 disadvantaged on the counter

the king has already taken credit for this btw, it's fuck all to do with janmaat