Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Guest Roger Kint

Second one was unlucky I thought, first one could have done better.

He was a bit but should have been more alive to it after the first. A yard or so out of position both times

Could argue that he should have done better for each goal, but the overall shape of the back line was poor all afternoon. Plus Colo completely ballsed-up both attempts at the clearance in the penultimate phase - leaving the covering defender (Janmaat on both occasions) having to back-peddle at full speed.

Don't think it's a "could argue" - he should have done better.

I wonder if Koeman knew about this possible weakness in his game.

Could have stopped both goals with a bit more commitment. Not glaring errors, just didn't put in the effort required. There again, if it gets rid of John Carver it might well be the performance of the season.

Could have stopped both goals with a bit more commitment. Not glaring errors, just didn't put in the effort required. There again, if it gets rid of John Carver it might well be the performance of the season.

I don't think it's a lack of commitment. Just not concentrating enough or doesn't know how to defend in those situations in a back 4.

As soon as the CB pushes up, unless there's a winger - he must tuck in straight away. In both occasions he waits until he knows the pass is being made before trying to close the door.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think he's particularly arsed tbh

Can't see why any of our players would be arsed. Most of them will have never seen such an unprofessional set up in their lives.

Jaanmat seems to be one of those who are relishing putting their feet up for the rest of the season and laughing Carver behind his back. And openly for that matter.

Guest TruToon94

His quotes over the season really come across as, "I thought I was joining Newcastle United but I got here and it turns out that team has been raped, murdered and buried in the last four years".

Clearly the guy has immense talent but I can't blame him for not being assed. Why risk injury when your manager and chairman both make it very clear they don't give a shit how you play or where we finish in the table.

Guest John Carvery

Christ, one slightly poor game and he's being villified. Sense of perspective eh? Clearly one of our better players.

You haven't seen vilification in this online dump yet

Luckily with the effervescent Ryan Taylor breathing down his neck, he's sure to raise his game.

Also think this has made Krul drop his game a bit too. No competition. When Harper was here Krul rarely let in soft goals.

Right, Fatty is definitely no competition! Hope Pardew tries to sign him in the summer...

Janmaat had a poor game by his standards on Sunday.

He has been very good so far this season but standards def slipped against Stoke...even his passing and control was off.

Every player has a poor spell sometimes, and with him it was very noticeable - hopefully it is a blip....