Our Summer Transfer Business

Minhosa

It's either even or slightly a + depending on which fees you believe for Cabella and Janmaat.

I think most of them forget to factor in the £500,000-£1m fee we supposedly picked up for Tavernier too so it's probably a couple of million under what we've brought in.

Cabaye    19m

Debuchy  12m

-------------------

31m

Ayoze        2m

Colback        0

De Jong      6m

Cabella      10m

Janmaat      6m

Riviere        6m

-------------------

30m

Thereabouts.

Cabaye    19m

Debuchy  12m

-------------------

31m

Ayoze        2m

Colback        0

De Jong      6m

Cabella      10m

Janmaat      6m

Riviere        6m

-------------------

30m

Thereabouts.

think of the wages man!

Be quite typical of this regime if they feel they've smoothed everything over by doing the bare minimum and replacing (to a degree) players who have left. We desperately need a proven striker, if we don't then it's down to pure greed by Ashley again.

Not confident of us signing any more players myself, if he wasn't arsed about replacing Cabaye back in January with a midfield completely devoid of creativity then hes not going to be bothered about risking it with 4 senior CB's and 4 senior strikers (Gouffran, Riviere, Cisse, Perez)

We obviously know we need at least another top player in each category, but in Mikes world we're already well stocked.

Would be very surprised if we sign anyone else.

@lee_ryder

Pardew on striker search: “I think looking at our squad we’re still shy of a striker."

@lee_ryder

Pardew added: "And that would be ideal if we could get one that suited the club and we’ll take that forward."

:lol:

@lee_ryder

Pardew on striker search: “I think looking at our squad we’re still shy of a striker."

@lee_ryder

Pardew added: "And that would be ideal if we could get one that suited the club and we’ll take that forward."

:lol:

Very blatant hint that we're in for Remy again or possibly Leon Knight.

If we are replacing player for player:

Shola  ->  Riviere

De Jong  ->  Perez

Remy  ->  Not filled

Cabaye  ->  De Jong

Gosling  ->  Colback

Debuchy  ->  Janmaat

Marveaux  ->  Cabella

Of course many of these replacement are very different players.  While Cabaye played in the midfield, De Jong will be more of a forward.  This is purely a list of player for player.  Maybe Cabella would be better suited as a listed Cabaye-replacement, but he really isn't that either.

Obviously all players except Colback need to adjust to the premier league.

I would say, if we replace Remy with adequate player (maybe with Remy), we will be a little worse off than we were in the beginning of last season, but hopefully when players adjust we will be a bit better off.  (I'm a optimist!!!)

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we had a little sneaky go for Wickham. It's shit or bust for them atm, he either signs or he's sold.

Not saying it would be a good move as such but it's the type of situation we seem to take advantage of. Young, English, home-grown and available cheaper than market value due to his contract situation.

Heard on talksport them talking about how many player we signed and should be happy!

These season don't make up for the last 2 seasons not spending and not spending any of the TV money.

It is ridiculous that informed observers of the game (by which I mean journalists etc) can be so blind to the facts.  It's as if their memories don't extend beyond the current transfer window.

Heard on talksport them talking about how many player we signed and should be happy!

These season don't make up for the last 2 seasons not spending and not spending any of the TV money.

Not to mention that once again it's all been funded by sales.

It is ridiculous that informed observers of the game (by which I mean journalists etc) can be so blind to the facts.  It's as if their memories don't extend beyond the current transfer window.

I've been as critical as the next man about our lack of transfers/spending/ambition, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm quite pleased about our current activity, including the fact that Yanga Mbiwa and Ben Arfa are still here (not by design, granted, but as long as they aren't sold there's always a small chance we might see them again). Although there is still plenty of room for improvement (sell and replace Elliott, Saylor, Raylor, another purple central midfield player, another winger if Ben Arfa is out of the picture indefinitely) we've at least done enough to relieve the pressure of almost certain relegation. Who knows, our new signings might even hit the ground running and have us in contention for a top 6 spot.

i think they'll have a few deals in mind that represent good value in their eyes, i.e. someone with high potential they can get cheap (lacazette) or someone established they can get a good deal for (remy)

they're not going to go out and sign a lukaku we might as well get used to it

I don't mean to sound like a club shill but we're clearly forking out far more in wages.

Let's do an estimate: Cabaye and Debuchy - £80k/week combined.

Colback - £40k/week

Janmaat - £35k/week

Cabella - £50k/week

Riviere - £40k/week

De Jong - £50k/week

Take out Remy's and Ameobi's wages, add Ayoze's presumably small wages and I reckon we're going to be paying around £7m per year more.

All right, it's not spending the extra TV money in one lump sum but this form of analysis is clearly better than adding up the net transfers and making a conclusion on our ambitiousness.

If we add Ferrara's then I'm guessing we're getting close to paying £10m more per year. That's not a small sum.

I like our squad. Obviously we still have financial room. We could afford a £10m £60k/week guy, I'm certain. Maybe it won't happen this window. I'm pleasantly surprised by our business so far, if only we spent some money on an actual manager too.