Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Man Utd fan on twitter saying we over paid. 30 million fucking pounds on Luke Shaw...

Aye we may have overpaid by £1m possibly, they've overpaid by just the £10m or so..

Guest Rent-A-Quote

10 goals in 30 league games in a team competing for a place up top with players like Falcao, James Rodriguez and Berbatov isn't too bad for a 24 year old.

11 of those games were sub's as well, he only played just under 20 full matches when you average up all his minutes on the pitch last season.

Seems like he's a player capable of scoring lots of goals when on frorm but is very inconsistent.

10 goals in 30 league games in a team competing for a place up top with players like Falcao, James Rodriguez and Berbatov isn't too bad for a 24 year old.

You say competing but he played 30 games last season so I'd argue he should have scored more playing with the likes of Rodriguez.

You say competing but he played 30 games last season so I'd argue he should have scored more playing with the likes of Rodriguez.

A lot of the matches were as a sub.

11 were from the bench like. Had 8 in 11 starts (and 5 from the bench) in Jan before Berbatov joined.

11 were from the bench like. Had 8 in 11 starts (and 5 from the bench) in Jan before Berbatov joined.

That sounds a lot more encouraging.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

And that's a fair point. But he's obviously not that good as he's coming to us, and I'm not saying he's top quality.

But looking at the bigger picture, he's promising. 19 starts, 11 subs and 10 goals. In those 11 sub games, he got 2 goals being on the pitch for 17 and 18 mins. The rest he had sub appearances consisting of 27, 22, 10, 20, 30, 26, 26, 6, and 28 minutes and didn't score, so hardly played loads with them. Equates to 8 goals in 19 starts. Falcao got 9 goals from 16 starts before his injury but he's excellent and costs a bit more than £6 million. I'm just saying he's not as bad as his overall record suggests.

Like everyone else though, I think he's a good signing IF we bring in an out and out STRIKER, remember those?

Fair dues.  I still hope we sign another striker though...