Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Well, here's his chance to prove us all wrong. He probably works best as a support striker to someone like Cisse. Not sure how he'll link up with Perez. Unless Carver shunts Perez out on the left wing and leaves Riv to lead the line :(

I'm always reluctant to really pass judgement on any player in their first season after moving to a new league it can be very random how quickly someone adapts to it some take to it straight away others take a full season to really show their best but it would be nice if he could show anything that says that he is any sort of improvement on Shola.

I think there's been glimpses in the last couple of matches of him getting a little better, giving him pitch time can only help - he's still only started 8 Premier League games.

At least if he gets a run of games now we should have a far better idea by the end of the season if he's worth persevering with.

Leon Best was brilliant compared to this guy man. Even the things that Riviere can do, Best did better. I can't hate players that give it everything and don't hide, but eventually it grates on you when they're incapable of doing the thing that they're supposed to.

If anyone things Riviere is better than Leon Best they need a head-check.

Best looked horseshit in The Championship, had a 5 month very good goal scoring spell, then 2-3 months when he did well in a team flying. We don't know how Riviere might turn out but I remember Best got worse abuse than Riviere and that was at a lower level.

Leon Best hat trick in the season we came up was fucking brilliant. His random other goals, great. He had a nice turn of skill and he was strong as hell, did a lot of unheralded work for Ba. Was pissed we got rid, and I feel for him every time I see that he's hurt. He should still be on our books imo.

Yeah, this fictionalized version of Leon Best based entirely on his time at Blackburn after he left us is kind of baffling. Was a great servant for us and won us a few games single handedly. Was a great decoy / backup for Ba.

I don't think Best is better than any of our current forwards TBH, athough now it would be handy to have someone a bit experienced and with a goal in them since De Jong and Cisse are missing. Rivière hasn't done anything for us yet obviously.

Well, here's his chance to prove us all wrong. He probably works best as a support striker to someone like Cisse. Not sure how he'll link up with Perez. Unless Carver shunts Perez out on the left wing and leaves Riv to lead the line :(

You know this is happening, unfortunately.

I think Best is overrated as f*** on here like.

I think he's underrated by you, man. He did his fucking job and he did it pretty damn well after his initial awfulness. Ba owes him a ton for doing a ton of his dirty work for him.

Best was significantly better than Riviere has shown like. At least he went through a period of actually being useful for us.

Unless there's a lot more to Riviere than he's shown it'll stay that way.

Naw man, Best was an unsexy option that people always wanted upgraded, well, we never replaced him and throw in Adam Armstrong now and then. Awful all around.

Just checked his record - the 10 goals he scored for us were the only Premier League goals of Leon Best's career. Other than that he averages around 1 in 5 at Championship and League One level.

Riviere in his best season scored 13 in 36 for Monaco in Ligue 1, you would have to think his top level is better than Leon's.

Just checked his record - the 10 goals he scored for us were the only Premier League goals of Leon Best's career. Other than that he averages around 1 in 5 at Championship and League One level.

Riviere in his best season scored 13 in 36 for Monaco in Ligue 1, you would have to think his top level is better than Leon's.

Based on scoring 13 goals in a season in the French league? No.

Based on scoring 13 goals in a season in the French league? No.

He had a freak year. Like Yorkie said, 2011 he was good. 10 in 30 games.

Other than that, he's been a 1 in 5 striker at Championship & League One level (31 in 152). Riviere's career mightn't pan out here, but I bet he has a far better career than Best. Already has tbh.

We were the only team who've been able to give him a chance in the Premiership and he was completely fine. Nothing to suggest it was a freak year, even without the goals he was a decent and mobile body up top. He unfortunately had a nasty injury going to Blackburn and we'll probably never see him at the top again.