Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

• 3 weeks later...

The Mail had him top in a list of worst signings of the season. Tbh I wouldn't disagree with them for once. Absolute shocker of a player.

Nobody can say that nomination is unfair tbqh, regardless of which paper it comes from.

He's flopped in a big way.

The Mail had him top in a list of worst signings of the season. Tbh I wouldn't disagree with them for once. Absolute shocker of a player.

Nobody can say that nomination is unfair tbqh, regardless of which paper it comes from.

He's flopped in a big way.

Awful player.

Is Rivière counted as a Graham Carr recommendation? I guess so as he is our chief scout. To be fair to Graham Carr, when he identifies players we don't know where on Carr's list they are. Rivière could have been the 5th choice striker on Carr's list.

Was gonna say didn't he only cost 4m? 4m strikers crash and burn all the time, that's why they're costing 4m in the first place.

Is Rivière counted as a Graham Carr recommendation? I guess so as he is our chief scout. To be fair to Graham Carr, when he identifies players we don't know where on Carr's list they are. Rivière could have been the 5th choice striker on Carr's list.

Was gonna say didn't he only cost 4m? 4m strikers crash and burn all the time, that's why they're costing 4m in the first place.

This is absolutely the point. We've become fascinated with picking up those rare bargains, like Cabaye for 4 mill, Sissoko for 2 mill, Janmaat for 4mill, Perez for 1 Million, BA for nowt. That we seem to expect it every time we invest. For strikers paying that amount is going to guarantee you nothing.

This is absolutely the point. We've become fascinated with picking up those rare bargains, like Cabaye for 4 mill, Sissoko for 2 mill, Janmaat for 4mill, Perez for 1 Million, BA for nowt. That we seem to expect it every time we invest. For strikers paying that amount is going to guarantee you nothing.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37300000/B-A-Baracus-the-a-team-37372814-1280-848.jpg

I'm sure I read a £6m transfer figure for Rivière (I don't know why NUFC would have paid £6m for Rivière. Monaco are one of the richest clubs in the world so I doubt they'd have been fighting for every penny. Also, were NUFC competing against any other clubs to sign Rivière?). £6m for Rivière makes Gomis on a free (not including £2m signing on fee + bigger wages) look the better bet (he has started to find the net for Swansea). Gomis must have been considered too old. Ashley would rather gamble on the younger Rivière.

Aye, but people would have been complaining if we'd signed another free... The fact that we spent money on him will have shut some (idiotic) people up. Unfortunately some people don't care about the quality of the player, more so how much money we spend, on the opposite end of the scale to the fat cunts in charge.