Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

The guy will look good alongside the likes of Perez, Mitro, Wijnaldum and Sissoko if he needs to step in for any of the forward players. He's athletic and mobile and genuinely works hard up front.

Who was he playing with last season anyway? I just remember him being up front alone with the rest of the team miles behind him. It was an absolute disgrace, and an unfortunate position to put a new striker in. The kind of thing that makes me wonder why anyone could ever see anything in Alan Pardew man. Laughable.

How does that explain his inability to kick a ball properly when through on goal?

The guy will look good alongside the likes of Perez, Mitro, Wijnaldum and Sissoko if he needs to step in for any of the forward players. He's athletic and mobile and genuinely works hard up front.

Who was he playing with last season anyway? I just remember him being up front alone with the rest of the team miles behind him. It was an absolute disgrace, and an unfortunate position to put a new striker in. The kind of thing that makes me wonder why anyone could ever see anything in Alan Pardew man. Laughable.

How does that explain his inability to kick a ball properly when through on goal?

Well ... when you're constantly in shit positions with no support, and you're running around like a lunatic, and getting no consistent touches throughout the game, then I'd imagine you'd snatch at stuff on the rare occasion you get a glimpse. Particularly when you are at a new club, desperate to do well, and people are already claiming you are shit.

Well ... when you're constantly in shit positions with no support, and you're running around like a lunatic, and getting no consistent touches throughout the game, then I'd imagine you'd snatch at stuff on the rare occasion you get a glimpse. Particularly when you are at a new club, desperate to do well, and people are already claiming you are shit.

I hope you're right but I'd be very surprised if he comes good for us. Seems to have no composure at all.

He probably needs a few more chances to score, but I won't hold that against him. There are numerous strikers that make huge contributions to their teams still without necessarily being the most proficient upfront.

Now we have other players that will score goals I honestly think he'll help create opportunities for the team in general. Just look at how much worse we look as a team with Cisse up there. It is a joke, it really is. There is no way I'd have that clown up there ahead of Riviere.

I just remember him being up front alone with the rest of the team miles behind him. It was an absolute disgrace, and an unfortunate position to put a new striker in. The kind of thing that makes me wonder why anyone could ever see anything in Alan Pardew man. Laughable.

Like asking Rondo to score the points.

Seeing as Cisse is an absolute waste of time in the current system he's effectively gonna be third choice; Mitro's stand-in, if you like.

Pretty much agree with this. Cisse will probably be sold in January and I'm not convinced we'll buy Austin. I'm not convinced Riviere is ever going to show genuine striker instincts but he might be seen as an alternative target man if Mitro is injured or suspended.

Really think he's going to be great this season.

:lol: Like fuck you do

:lol: Completely serious! He's a facilitator. Like a point guard. Put him out there with Mitro and Perez and it's going to be fucking nuts.

How we gonna squeeze our 2 DMs in there as well?!

Really think he's going to be great this season.

:lol: Like fuck you do

:lol: Completely serious! He's a facilitator. Like a point guard. Put him out there with Mitro and Perez and it's going to be fucking nuts.

How we gonna squeeze our 2 DMs in there as well?!

Play without a keeper, obv. Not like we'd notice.

I just remember him being up front alone with the rest of the team miles behind him. It was an absolute disgrace, and an unfortunate position to put a new striker in. The kind of thing that makes me wonder why anyone could ever see anything in Alan Pardew man. Laughable.

Like asking Rondo to score the points.

Not really given Riviere is a striker. Rondo would be more like wanting a playmaker to score loads

I think he's a decent second striker with a bit of pace and decent movement.

He's not and never will be a goalscorer though.

Same feelings really, although I don't necessarily think we have proof that his finishing overall is as bad as it looked in those sporadic appearances.

He is in a category with Marveaux, above the likes of Gouffran, Obertan and Williamson.

He may come in useful at some point. He's well down the pecking order, De Jong, Thauvin, Aarons and Cisse should be getting a game before him. Yes they are different positions but I'd rather have a re-jig and have the most talented players on the pitch.

• 1 month later...