Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

All I know is that I am looking forward to him returning and playing well, which he will.

And for those of you who value Cisse over him, well good luck with that.

:lol: this, this is the guy YOU above all people choose to get all optimistic about!  :lol:

god bless ya KaKa :lol:

KaKa's such a strange guy :lol:

I haven't seen anything from him to suggest that he is a striker. I'd include pre-NUFC 'highlights 'in this too. He looks busy and athletic and potentially good at creating space around the box/chances for others: kind of Craig Bellamy without the finishing...maybe that will come.

He missed some real sitters last year, but new league etc. etc. Strikers especially need confidence. His record will have loads of sub appearances, so the games vs. goals stat will be a tad unfair to him.

Luuk de Jong has recovered from his stint in Germany and with us for PSV, so it might click again for Riviere, though maybe not at Prem level. What is for certain is that with 3 points from 7 games and few chances created, we cannot afford a striker who missing clear openings like Riviere did last year. We need players that can produce right now.

he'll offer more than cisse does, im pretty sure of that.

Not in terms of goals he won't. He's got no strikers instinct whatsoever. I think because he's been out for a while people forget how bad he is.

in terms of general play he will, cisse has downed tools imo.

he'll offer more than cisse does, im pretty sure of that.

Not in terms of goals he won't. He's got no strikers instinct whatsoever. I think because he's been out for a while people forget how bad he is.

in terms of general play he will, cisse has downed tools imo.

Tend to agree but ultimately as a striker you are there to score goals and that is what they are judged on. Even in his current form I'd back Cisse over Rivière all day if the ball fell to either of them in the box. Can't really work out why we signed him as he was hardly prolific in France. Another Graham Carr masterstroke by the looks of it.

He missed some real sitters last year, but new league etc. etc. Strikers especially need confidence. His record will have loads of sub appearances, so the games vs. goals stat will be a tad unfair to him.

Luuk de Jong has recovered from his stint in Germany and with us for PSV, so it might click again for Riviere, though maybe not at Prem level. What is for certain is that with 3 points from 7 games and few chances created, we cannot afford a striker who missing clear openings like Riviere did last year. We need players that can produce right now.

He was shit in France too, though. Honestly I understand optimism but fucking hell.

• 3 weeks later...

keep completely forgetting he's here! looking forward to having him back alongside some of our front 4 now.

He'll win us over if he gets a chance. I'd have him ahead of Cisse to step in for Mitrovic for sure.

Really think he's going to be great this season.

:lol: Like fuck you do

:lol: Completely serious! He's a facilitator. Like a point guard. Put him out there with Mitro and Perez and it's going to be fucking nuts.

The guy will look good alongside the likes of Perez, Mitro, Wijnaldum and Sissoko if he needs to step in for any of the forward players. He's athletic and mobile and genuinely works hard up front.

Who was he playing with last season anyway? I just remember him being up front alone with the rest of the team miles behind him. It was an absolute disgrace, and an unfortunate position to put a new striker in. The kind of thing that makes me wonder why anyone could ever see anything in Alan Pardew man. Laughable.