Messages of thanks to be posted on RTG

Big Geordie

Idea mooted by Joey. Many of us don't have accounts over there and are unable to sign up due to having yahoo/hotmail/google accounts. If someone on here, is also registered there - can they start a thread on RTG to pass on our messages of thanks, please?

I'd like to say 'Top work from those down the road - massive respect. Proud to be a North Easterner today'.

Aye, thanks, although not directly affected they're still one of ours, what you've done is amazing!

Forgetting the rivalry were still both football loving communities and have shown that we look after one another. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot our lot would be doing the same. It's a shame it takes something like this to unite us but thems the breaks, although not being around those days it's reminiscent of the times our respective supporters went to watch each other as friends, something like this has shown we can still be that and do respect each other despite the few numptys.

Thanks lads!

Totally agree, it's at times like this that rivalries mean nothing

Thank you all for your generosity of spirit at what is a very difficult time for all NUFC supporters across the world in the wake of the horrible and untimely deaths of John & Liam.

Your support will mean a great deal to their families, knowing that everyone is behind them at the most difficult time in their lives.

Your actions & kind words are very much appreciated by everyone here at Newcastle-Online

:clap:

Guest antz1uk

Pretty sure they want some to go to the SBR foundation from what I read earlier

this from what i read earlier over on there, plus i think they're fancying the idea of a couple of little plaques to be placed at each stadium to honour John & Liam

For a club which, historically, is extremely classless, the Sunderland fans have been absolutely magnificent here. All North East fans, actually. It really restores faith in humanity, in the backdrop of an event which doesn't.

Brilliant work :clap:

Guest Thump 1892

I made an account last night to pass on my thanks, I'm more than happy to make a thread thanking them, so if you lads want to start collecting together your messages, I'll pop it on.

Guest firetotheworks

It's so sad that such a tragic event is something that unifies fans in this way and even then, only because two of our fans were involved. Despite that, it's a fantastic gesture not just to us, but to people in general that something like that, despite being horrifying can make people realise how pointless a rivalry (beyond the good-natured stuff) really is. RTG didn't have to do that AT ALL and the fact that they have is extremely admirable and kind-hearted.

I'll fall short of thanking RTG because we as a set of fans don't own the right to thank anyone on behalf of two people that have died, but it's definitely something that I won't forget and definitely something that will be at the forefront of our minds whenever the roles are reversed (although obviously we hope that day never comes)

I'm very impressed, I must say.

Quite moved by the help from SAFC fans. Well done to all who have contributed/offered condolence. We each want our clubs to do better than the other, but this has shown that we are all just people and football fans at the end of the day.

I suppose it's a bit like Christmas day in the trenches but the war doesn't have to be as bloody in future.

Sunderland Association Football Club and its supporters can rightly feel proud of themselves. Their generosity in paying tribute by contributing so freely to the fund set up in memory of our two comrades is hugely appreciated.

Can someone ensure that rtg see that Liam's little brother has posted on the donations page asking for them to attend on Monday.

i would like to thank the people who set this up it is amazing what youve done for both of these men. espicially for my little brother liam sweeney. me and my whole family are totally devastated by what has happened and it just doesnt seem real and wont till we get him home. we are having a tribute to liam and john at st james park on monday 12noon. it would be greatly appreciated if the people or persons who have set this up could attend so we can thank you personally xxx

Guest Thump 1892

Can someone ensure that rtg see that Liam's little brother has posted on the donations page asking for them to attend on Monday.

i would like to thank the people who set this up it is amazing what youve done for both of these men. espicially for my little brother liam sweeney. me and my whole family are totally devastated by what has happened and it just doesnt seem real and wont till we get him home. we are having a tribute to liam and john at st james park on monday 12noon. it would be greatly appreciated if the people or persons who have set this up could attend so we can thank you personally xxx

Posted it, mate.