Sydney FC 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/07/14

Newcastle Fan

De Jong looked class, great vision on him and he played some really nice passes.

Aarons looks quite the prospect, hope we get to see more of him this season. No bollocks league 1 loan where he won't be used anyway because he's too young. Keep him here as back up for Cabella and Gouffran, he'll should get plenty of minutes.

Apart from that, not really much to say about the game. Sidney were beyond rubbish, absolute farce of a team :lol:

Yeh they were atrocious.

Guest bimpy474

How did Aarons do? Gonna catch up the highlights at 4

Excellent, good pace, beat men and his crossing was very very good.

Guest reefatoon

Yep, would be great to see a young kid come in and hit the ground running and nail down a 1st team place.

Guest bimpy474

:thup: hope he gets a shot this season tbh, looked good in the admittedly limited times I've watched him.

Unfortuntately i don't think he'll get anywhere near the Prem games, Pardew will bottle it. 14 defeats in 20 games after boxing day last season and Armstrong never got a start. He'll go with Sissoko, Gouff and Cabella wide even if they're playing cack. Pardew just won't give him enough of a chance imo.

:thup: hope he gets a shot this season tbh, looked good in the admittedly limited times I've watched him.

Should be our Januzaj this season, give him a few chances and if he takes them and is good enough to start, then fucking start him. Sod having bloody Gouffran working his arse off without contributing anything else.

I only saw part of the first half but Aarons looked good, very lively.

:thup: hoping the extended highlights show a decent amount

Don't remember him being involved in anything that'll show up in the highlights, but he put a few good crosses in, and took his man on a fair few times.

I've not read through the whole thread, so not sure if already mentioned. even though they had pretty much nothing going forward, i was impressed with Haidara. Did all he need to well and kept things neat and tidy and then also got in a few good crossing positions going forward, sometimes delivering a decent ball in.

It seems strange to me that Aarons started when you look at the rest of the team, it was quite a strong lineup from what was available. I didn't see the match, so I'm hoping from what you lot a saying, that Aarons is good and is really pushing himself towards the first team squad.

Id have Aarons ahead of Sammy every time now.

I'd have you ahead of Sammy.

Sammy isnt that bad. He has something, can get past a player, even if it looks awkward. Sadly, not good enough for us though. Its a shame because he seems a top lad.

Sammy was one of the only ones who looked remotely good when he made fleeting appearances in that dreadful run at the end of last season. Was our best player in the latest mackem defeat before he was hooked at half-time.

That said, Aarons actually looks decent based upon this game and the bits I've seen of him from the reserves and that.

Well, aye. No matter how much you think Sammy is shit, he can't have been much worse than Gouffran or Gutierrez have been on the wing for a good three-quarters of their respective NUFC careers.

Well, aye. No matter how much you think Sammy is s***, he can't have been much worse than Gouffran or Gutierrez have been on the wing for a good three-quarters of their respective NUFC careers.

I dont get the Gouffran hate on here. I dont mind him there. Its the fact Sissoko is on the other wing that shits me off.

Well, aye. No matter how much you think Sammy is s***, he can't have been much worse than Gouffran or Gutierrez have been on the wing for a good three-quarters of their respective NUFC careers.

I dont get the Gouffran hate on here. I dont mind him there. Its the fact Sissoko is on the other wing that shits me off.

Gouffran would be more effective if he didn't start every sodding match. I remember at the Cardiff cup debacle in January he looked absolutely shagged after about fifteen minutes, and he played from the start almost every match from then to the end of the season. He provides fuck all threat from the wing though, that said.

Sissoko is a whole other story, but he provides more than Gouffran does from the wing.

I dont get the Gouffran hate on here. I dont mind him there. Its the fact Sissoko is on the other wing that s***s me off.

Gouffran would be more effective if he didn't start every sodding match. I remember at the Cardiff cup debacle in January he looked absolutely shagged after about fifteen minutes, and he played from the start almost every match from then to the end of the season. He provides f*** all threat from the wing though, that said.

Sissoko is a whole other story, but he provides more than Gouffran does from the wing.

If there were 2 players that needed to be rested in January, it was Gouffran and Sissoko yet he played them every game until they managed to pick up injuries.

Gouffran does a decent enough job as a wide forward in a 4-3-3. Problem is, Pards likes to shoe-horn him in as traditional 4-4-2 outside midfielder, which he's not.

He's best as a part of a CF pair in a 4-4-2, IMO. But more than that, he's best off the bench, assuming we had the right personnel to push him there.