3-5-2

Nepharite

Formations are less important than the style the manager demands, all formations can be negative or positive tbh.

We don;t have the 2 strikers really, a 4-3-3 is fine by me but pardew morphs it into 4-5-1 every time.

Formations are less important than the style the manager demands, all formations can be negative or positive tbh.

We don;t have the 2 strikers really, a 4-3-3 is fine by me but pardew morphs it into 4-5-1 every time.

A 4-3-3 requires 3 forwards. Pardew doesn't like to play with 3 forwards. His 4-2-3-1 is a 4-4-1-1. The attacking midfielder is clearly ahead of the wide men without the ball and often with the ball unles said wide man is attacking. That's the one reason I didn't mind Gouff there as he used to make an effort to join the attack.

There's no way the poor man's Lesley Nielsen is going to play 3-5-2 and I don't want him to.

With 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 we might just string a few performances together and finish above the mighty Stoke. Pardew starts fucking about with formations that are way beyond his limited intelligence and we are going to ship a boat-load of goals.

Guest bimpy474

There's no way the poor man's Lesley Nielsen is going to play 3-5-2 and I don't want him to.

With 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 we might just string a few performances together and finish above the mighty Stoke. Pardew starts fucking about with formations that are way beyond his limited intelligence and we are going to ship a boat-load of goals.

That is already happenening, could get worse like as you say.

The only place where what you call your formation has any significant relevance, is on manager games and to get an overview when you read the starting line-up, in my opinion. Once the whistle blows, it has very little relevance. What matters is the role each player has, how every player move, number of players closing down, runs, creating space for eachother, simultanous movement, etc. Formation could also alternate as of where on the pitch you want to centre the game, and in my opinion the best teams in the world are those that are totally dynamic formation-wise.

Key for me is a tactic that makes sure every player fills a role that matches their skills and makes sure they always can play on their strenghts.

Disagree a bit. Formations aren't the be all but they are very important.  Of course how you play within that is more important and can differ dramatically.

The 4-4-2's used by Real, Atletico and City last season at various points are all very different.

Yeah, it's more about the system you play and the personnel you have to fit it. We don't even have a system to begin with.

Disagree a bit. Formations aren't the be all but they are very important.  Of course how you play within that is more important and can differ dramatically.

The 4-4-2's used by Real, Atletico and City last season at various points are all very different.

Yeah, it's more about the system you play and the personnel you have to fit it. We don't even have a system to begin with.

So true. We have a 11 v 11 policy except it ends up more often than not being  1-9-1 with fuck all options.

I'm not worries though as we are challenging for top 4 now with our brilliant defence apparently.

If we had a decent manager, I'd be all for this.

Martinez had Everton playing this way last season did he not?

Not often but it was something he tried due to our full backs/wing backs being arguably the best players in our squad.

I've found that this rough sort of formation actually happens during games more often than you might think. The deepest lying midfielder will often be so deep that he's essentially part of 3, meaning the 2 CBs can split and in turn the 2 full backs can push on.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite a few teams starting with this formation today. Think it'll be a flash in the pan for most sides, I reckon.

Man Utd and?

Lookslike QPR & Hull are.

Good lord. Simpson as a wingback. He'll retreat more than he advances. :mackems: