3-5-2

Nepharite

Guest firetotheworks

"Systems are for school-teachers in professional football. What I am big on is great players working their socks off. The game happens at such pace that it's all about intuition; if you have that you do not need much more."

Guess who?

Does he have irritating lips?

4-4-2 just seems so archaic now. I think the game has outgrown it as nowadays you need that flexibility between systems at the top level. 4-4-2 is just so rigid and leaves you outnumbered in midfield against most opposition.

Didn't we play wing backs on the last day of the season? Worked ok.

9 at the back does tend to help not concede for a while like.

I don't know why people don't get it and keep coming up with silly formations. It will be 9 players in our own half, one striker up top and another striker on the left wing/left back. Tried and tested by Mourinho's pal and mentor.

"Systems are for school-teachers in professional football. What I am big on is great players working their socks off. The game happens at such pace that it's all about intuition; if you have that you do not need much more."

Guess who?

Not really? :lol:

Edit: Ah, it's Souness :lol:

4-4-2 just seems so archaic now. I think the game has outgrown it as nowadays you need that flexibility between systems at the top level. 4-4-2 is just so rigid and leaves you outnumbered in midfield against most opposition.

At home with 2 decent wide players and a strong attacker of the ball or two it's a very good system. Both visually and in terms of effectiveness.

Pardew's version is basically two defensive banks of 4 with the strikers helping to graft.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You serious bro?

http://nbcprosoccertalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/x350110.jpg

You serious bro?

Well obviously if you pack your team with quality thanks to a blank chequebook, and rely on the opposition letting the title slip, then it's an ok system. How did they do in Europe again?

Guest Haris Vuckic

You serious bro?

Well obviously if you pack your team with quality thanks to a blank chequebook, and rely on the opposition letting the title slip, then it's an ok system. How did they do in Europe again?

With 442? They won two of their games and lost 1. :thup:

Regardless of that, the champions of England were at their most dangerous in a 4-4-2 & I think we'll see more teams revert back to it next year, to call it 'outgrown' is just absurd.

(For the record in a 4-4-2 they averaged 2.8 goals a game)

Guest bimpy474

Man City may have lined up 4-4-2 but they moved all over the place, their starting formations didn't really matter as the movement and coaching had them popping up anywhere. Pardew's was rigid with no movement and the sole intention of not conceding, which always went well.

Guest bimpy474

4-2-3-1 is basically just a 4-4-2 with two deeplying central midfielders and a second striker who drops down. If your main focus is what to call your formation on paper, I'm guessing your focus is wrong.

Aye, most formation are basically 4-4-2 in reality, with a couple of exception (4-3-3/4-5-1) and the 3 at the back systems. It's the movement that is the key to creating goals. Not just as Pardew thinks hard work alone.

3-5-2 would probably work with tactically adept players that are well coached and matched. We have a shocking array of defensive players that I don't really want to play more of them.

I would like to see us in a 4-3-3, however not sure how that would suit DeJong and not sure we have the right 3 centre mids for it. Under this clown we will never be decent in any formation because movement is not promoted and we are not capable of fluid football, preferring to defend at all cost (While conceding loads of goals) and not attacking with any degree of confidence. Bring on this season and the potential ruining of DeJong, Cabella etc

Guest Haris Vuckic

De Jong's probably well used to playing 4-3-3 at Ajax, I'd imagine he was at the point of the midfield triangle with two behind him.

It's pretty much the only formation they play at any level. He spent half the season there and the other half at centre forward.

Rivière

Cabella                                  Ben Arfa

de Jong

Anita                      Sissoko

:sweetjesus:

:pardsgrin:

:yao:

I think the World Cup showed that you don't necessarily need great individuals to carry out a 3-5-2 successfully. I mean look at Chile, their three CBs individually were seemingly quite poor and yet they were very successful. With the right coaching it could work, but obviously we don't have that :pardsgrin:

I also think you need a commanding CB who can organise the others and obviously we're lacking that as well

I'm past caring to be honest.

Pick any formation you like and we'll stink at it. We could sign Grenier, Lacazette, whoever the fuck you want really because by Christmas they'll be Gosling and Shola. Ashley's a cunt, Charnley's a cunt, Pardew's a cunt, Carr's probably a decent bloke but he works for cunts. It's all one big pile of shit and I don't want the season to start because this is the happiest we're all gonna be until next May when it's on hold again.

The end.

LVG abandoned the Dutch 4-3-3 in favor of it at the World Cup. Looks like it worked for Man U last night. I can't stand the 4-2-3-1, so should we try it with the players at our disposal?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/3604ab58f162495b382192deabb0d6d1/tumblr_muxq6cWtQr1sn7q0no1_400.gif