Rolando Aarons

Chapo

It's not the only concern over Aarons as a sole winger like, I've not seen a lot of quality crossing from him, in the sense that Mitrovic will be looking to get his head on the end of. He seems more the beat a guy and drive the ball low into the box.

We need someone who can put a quality cross onto Mitros napper with regularity.

It's not the only concern over Aarons as a sole winger like, I've not seen a lot of quality crossing from him, in the sense that Mitrovic will be looking to get his head on the end of. He seems more the beat a guy and drive the ball low into the box.

It's Janmaat or Haidara or bust. Sissoko can put in decent delivery from time. Cisse scored a few headers last season as did Perez.

He put a fair few crosses in last night, but what incentive does he have for floating them in? Maybe with Mitrovic he might start standing them up instead of drilling them into feet?

He put a fair few crosses in last night, but what incentive does he have for floating them in? Maybe with Mitrovic he might start standing them up instead of drilling them into feet?

Just saying I haven't seen it yet, he always seems to drive the ball either hard or low. Hopefully he's got that quality like aye.

Tbh as daft as it is, Sammy was capable of whipping in a decent lofted ball into the area. Sissoko loves to power to byline and do the classic cut-back (he done it first 2 mins against T2) which Cabaye used to absolutely thrive on. We need Wijnaldum / Siem to try and take up that position as that tactic worked wonders for us and it's the only reason I'd even consider using Sissoko out wide.

Anyway when we talk about crosses, it's not just the standard whipped one to the six yard box. Cut backs, driven ones across the ground, lofted ones etc

The team is shite at all of them and improving any of that would go a long way in helping Mitrovic succeed.

His self confidence and desire to get by his man is brilliant. He was all over the place causing problems when he actually played last and was fit last season. Could be a special player.

I'm certain that his new contract will include a release clause, but it's better than losing him for a free next year. He's clearly a similar type of kid to Sterling, who'll move to City or Chelsea as soon as they make an offer. Oh well, that's why he came to us in the first place anyway. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

The fact he played on the turf last night is encouraging. The coaching staff must be pretty confident his injury troubles are behind him.

His footwork is pure class. Love watching him play.

Bit special this kid, just hope to God we can keep him fit and sign him up to a new deal. Should be starting imo, teams won't know what's hit them. Still smile when I think of him tearing City a new arsehole last year in the cup.

Bottom of this Guardian article on Mbemba http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/22/chancel-mbemba-newcastle-anderlecht:

Aarons, who missed much of last season through injury but scored in the Capital One Cup victory against Manchester City in October, is expected to sign a new contract this week.

:frantic:

Would be brilliant news.

Holy shit [emoji38]

Get off tapatalk mate.