Jamaal Lascelles & Karl Darlow

ponsaelius

If we sign one  or two other 'first team' players then I can see the sense in this deal. However if these two are the final signings then I would say it is a wasted signing as our first team is in more urgent need of recruits and that 7 million or so could have went towards adding to the areas we are in a desperate need for. We are not in the Chelsea's, Arsenal's, Man Utd's, Man City's etc. position to buy players and then loan them straight out when there are more key first team areas to be addressed. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong come 31st August - we will see.

This is right - we need CBs who can go into the team NOW, and I find it ridiculous that the club have let Lascelles go back to Forest for the season; if he's as good as they think he is, surely he could have done a job here. Let's face it, Colo is going to struggle for pace this year but his experience and reading of the game would have helped Lascelles to settle in and gain experience. Neither Saylor nor Williamson are PL quality so CB is a position that could cost us big time this season. As for Darlow, we don't know yet whether Krul will still be here in Sept..just as people are speculating that we 'could make more signings' there is just as much chance of either Tiote or Krul going out of the door at the last minute so we may have needed Darlow,

No, this double signing just smacks to me of Ashley seeing a great chance of making quick money on these guys, especially Lascelles, and the fact that Arsenal wanted to buy him - and pay relatively big money  for a youngster - would have had him licking his lips.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Lascelles NEVER played for our first team but was sold on.......

Actually the best part of loaning back Darlow back to Forest is that it confirms Krul won't be sold this season at least.

I wouldn't bet my house on THAT, TRon....remember who is in charge..!

If we sign one  or two other 'first team' players then I can see the sense in this deal. However if these two are the final signings then I would say it is a wasted signing as our first team is in more urgent need of recruits and that 7 million or so could have went towards adding to the areas we are in a desperate need for. We are not in the Chelsea's, Arsenal's, Man Utd's, Man City's etc. position to buy players and then loan them straight out when there are more key first team areas to be addressed. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong come 31st August - we will see.

This is right - we need CBs who can go into the team NOW, and I find it ridiculous that the club have let Lascelles go back to Forest for the season; if he's as good as they think he is, surely he could have done a job here. Let's face it, Colo is going to struggle for pace this year but his experience and reading of the game would have helped Lascelles to settle in and gain experience. Neither Saylor nor Williamson are PL quality so CB is a position that could cost us big time this season. As for Darlow, we don't know yet whether Krul will still be here in Sept..just as people are speculating that we 'could make more signings' there is just as much chance of either Tiote or Krul going out of the door at the last minute so we may have needed Darlow,

No, this double signing just smacks to me of Ashley seeing a great chance of making quick money on these guys, especially Lascelles, and the fact that Arsenal wanted to buy him - and pay relatively big money  for a youngster - would have had him licking his lips.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Lascelles NEVER played for our first team but was sold on.......

Agreed with the second paragraph, but that only counters your first paragraph. Maybe there's another central defender on the way, or maybe Pardew's been told to use MWM :/

Agreed with the second paragraph, but that only counters your first paragraph. Maybe there's another central defender on the way, or maybe Pardew's been told to use MWM :/

Using MYM under a better manager might be a goer - a disaster under this guy, who retards every player he gets to coach(I use the word loosely)...I hope your guess about a new CB is correct, but as for contradicting myself, that's what you have to do when trying to second-guess what the people running NUFC are going to do...

I've seen a lot a Lascelles and he is real quality.

Not really seen much of Darlow, but I'm excited by these transfers!

Swear it's more or less impossible to have seen the CB play but not the keeper considering he's their first choice

I've seen a lot a Lascelles and he is real quality.

Not really seen much of Darlow, but I'm excited by these transfers!

Swear it's more or less impossible to have seen the CB play but not the keeper considering he's their first choice

Lascelles played most of last season from late October on after injuries to two of their defenders.

I can see why Forest fans are annoyed, but their squad for this season hasn't changed, plus they have money upfront to improve it. If they get promoted, it's turned out really well.

Not that Pearce will be there for long...

I can see why Forest fans are annoyed, but their squad for this season hasn't changed, plus they have money upfront to improve it. If they get promoted, it's turned out really well.

It's a clever deal for them if that does indeed happen and they can spend that 5-7 million on a few players they wouldn't have had plus retain our 2 for the season and try to push to playoffs / automatic promotion. Pearce probably more bothered they did not get more, but considering we pay up front it is worth more to them at this stage rather than 8-10 million over the next x years or however clubs pay.

Guest Roger Kint

It's a clever deal for them if that does indeed happen and they can spend that 5-7 million on a few players they wouldn't have had plus retain our 2 for the season and try to push to playoffs / automatic promotion. Pearce probably more bothered they did not get more, but considering we pay up front it is worth more to them at this stage rather than 8-10 million over the next x years or however clubs pay.

Surely if the money was going to be invested then Pearce would have a say in them being sold in the first place? Pretty obvious the fee will all but disappear towards the owner. SP will be lucky to get £2m imo

Surely if the money was going to be invested then Pearce would have a say in them being sold in the first place? Pretty obvious the fee will all but disappear towards the owner. SP will be lucky to get £2m imo

Well quite possibly, or the Owner is just like our own and just saving for a rainy day and spunking profits on 9 players all at once

http://www.keeperportal.co.uk/karl-darlow-interview/

What techniques do you employ to make sure you stay focused for the full 90 minutes?

Normally just set myself a target to get through to 45 minutes preferably with a clean sheet, if not and I let a goal in then I’m determined to make it just that one goal, if another goal goes in then just to make it two goals and so on and so forth. Then just carry on through the match

:lol: :lol:

Possibly the worst quote I've ever seen

What techniques do you employ to make sure you stay focused for the full 90 minutes?

Normally just set myself a target to get through to 45 minutes preferably with a clean sheet, if not and I let a goal in then I’m determined to make it just that one goal, if another goal goes in then just to make it two goals and so on and so forth. Then just carry on through the match

40 mins - "I'm only going to let these 4 goals in, god help the person who scores the next, 4 goals is my target and anyone who gets in the waoh fuck that's 5"

Surely, we can't now be expected to complete this transfer?! Have you forwarded that quote to the club?