Newcastle United 3-2 Reading - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest slimbob

Delighted, i think we made it more difficult than it had to be, but fuck it its a win and i can't be arsed to talk about cons at the minute, great result!

Heres the bird that was on the pitch that Oba saved, a Curlew bird, aww..

Must've been a lucky bird  bluebiggrin.gif

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72744934.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A68406FCA0635FB669F06BF04B24B4128C

Lucky, very lucky.

Thank Bonk we won!!

Cheers, mate.  Miracles do come true.  :lol:

I'd like to apologise to French Tony for claiming he hates the baby Jeebus. I misunderstood Bonk's post.

No, he just hates me. 4 headed goals, FFS mental.gif

Good win for yous then. Bit of a run going.

Guest Invicta_Toon

reading the match report i say we were lucky...,very

then again its the win that matters :)

aye would have been completely different had luque started

I've been following this on the BBC 2min  update and they had us one  nil up but no recording of the goal.

Their summary was interesting. We were all over Reading until they got their second then our heads dropped faster than a falling coconut. Great shot from Emre.

Great win or rather thanks for 3 points.

BBC rated Babayaro as awful.

Guest SeattleToon

I thought our attack was excellent....created numerous chances in addition to the three goals scored...maybe Sibierski and Martins is our best partnership up front.

Other thoughts:

Sibierski was dominant in the air, especially with his back to goal, much like Shearer always was....we need him in the lineup simply because he's the only one who can win all of Given's long upfield punts.

Zoggy needs to learn to control the ball better. His mazy runs are fun to watch, but they never turn into anything because he always loses control of the ball at the end before he can pass it off into a hole he's opened.

The Milner/Solano combination on the right looked excellent and Roeder should consider maintaining it even if Carr is healthy. For example, the way they combined on our first goal was sublime (Carr would not have been far enough forward to get the pass from Milner and cross it into Sibierski). On the other hand, it was the fact that Solano got caught too far upfield that indirectly led to the first Reading goal.

And lastly, please sign some real defenders in January....we don't need any more strikers....we need some depth and quality in defense!!!! Taylor was a rock tonight, but Babayaro and Ramage were very average.

Lucky, very lucky.

Thank Bonk we won!!

Cheers, mate.  Miracles do come true.  :lol:

I'd like to apologise to French Tony for claiming he hates the baby Jeebus. I misunderstood Bonk's post.

No, he just hates me. 4 headed goals, FFS mental.gif

Good win for yous then. Bit of a run going.

No problem, mate.  My grammar was on the dodgy side.  :thup: :lol:

F*ck me that was exhausting... I had to bike to three different bars before I found one with our game and wasn't packed with plastic red manc scum or gooners.

Nicky Butt MOM? - no chance. He played well but his lack of confidence in his team mates actually unsettles the team. He goes back and forth between anonymity and wanting to do it all. When we were under the cosh he was continuously running into our defenders, consistantly getting in the way of our other players who may have had teh situation under control. When we are playing well (as a team) Butt is less intrusive - I would like to see more vocal leadership rather than the Given Sheaerer mould of dark looks and muttering.... that said he does play better with Emre (apparently) than Parker.

Our CBs were falling apart and Babayaro was having a nightmare. Solano again giving instruction to the back four and the only one with an ounce of composure after we went 2-1 down. If Carr played today we would have lost 4-0. Solano does the job and despite what people have said has done decent in the air and can tackle - also gets cynical when needed. The deflection was not his fault - Nobby is my MOM.

Emre was overall very good and can not be faulted for the stagnation that ocurred in midfield when we were aimless in the latter stages of the 1st half. Zoggy and Milner are confidence players, Butt gets in teh way and Emre is forced to pick up the massive amount of slack left over. More of this please.

Martins can not keep posession and does nto seem to be able to pick out Milner or Zoggy when they are free... dunno why? He needs to be better in the posession game and learn a few tricks from Sibierski who in my opinion was excellent today.

Overall this was a confidence game. Reading are used to winning games and you could tell they way they played that they fully expected three points when the game started - when they had teh lionshare of posession but we were composed and hit them with Sibbers goal they fell apart. When they hit us back - we fell apart. This game was all about belief.

Their first goal, Emre not following his man. Just watched as he ran in and had a shot. We got unlucky with the deflection but still.

Nobby sucessfully blocked a similar shot that Pompey made against us. Very disappointing, but yes, Emre played too far up and we fell apart from a lack of confidence after that.

So happy about this result.

I thought our attack was excellent....created numerous chances in addition to the three goals scored...maybe Sibierski and Martins is our best partnership up front.

Other thoughts:

Sibierski was dominant in the air, especially with his back to goal, much like Shearer always was....we need him in the lineup simply because he's the only one who can win all of Given's long upfield punts.

Zoggy needs to learn to control the ball better. His mazy runs are fun to watch, but they never turn into anything because he always loses control of the ball at the end before he can pass it off into a hole he's opened.

The Milner/Solano combination on the right looked excellent and Roeder should consider maintaining it even if Carr is healthy. For example, the way they combined on our first goal was sublime (Carr would not have been far enough forward to get the pass from Milner and cross it into Sibierski). On the other hand, it was the fact that Solano got caught too far upfield that indirectly led to the first Reading goal.

And lastly, please sign some real defenders in January....we don't need any more strikers....we need some depth and quality in defense!!!! Taylor was a rock tonight, but Babayaro and Ramage were very average.

Totally agree