NUFC Songbook

olliemort

As much as i love the Coloccini song i think we need to add the first verse into the song rather than just starting with the chorus and Oh Coloccini..

the first 2 lines are perfect, its just the middle few lines that need tweaking.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

You'd be like heaven to touch.

I wanna hold you so much.

At long last love has arrived.

And I thank God I'm alive.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

the whole thing fits perfectly tbh, swap god for pards

Guest WashyGeordie

Following on from that I think it'd be mint to nick this one and just replace Marseille with Newcastle, easy as f***.

Howay, howay. Howay howay howay. Newcastle, Newcastle o-howay howay howay.

• 2 weeks later...

Could maybe replace that old religious song "Kumbaya my Lord" with "Demba Ba my lord, Demba Ba."

"Demba Ba my lord, Demba Ba."

"Oh lord, Demba Ba."

Guest WashyGeordie

Could maybe replace that old religious song "Kumbaya my Lord" with "Demba Ba my lord, Demba Ba."

"Oh lord, Demba Ba."

Everton away last year was Ben Arfa instead of Demba like.

But it doesn't seem to get an airing now.

There was a great song getting going in the SE Corner during the Everton game. It was to the tune of 'Lola' by The Kinks and instead of 'Lola' it was 'Hatem Ben Arfa'...went something 'Ben Arfa, oh Hatem Ben Arfa'. There were other words but cant remember for the life of me! It would definitely be better than your average singing his name and a bit of clapping. Plus, it sounded very unique as I haven't heard other teams use that tune before.

Also, coming out of the Stoke match a couple of blokes behind us were singing 'Hello Goodbye' tune but instead 'You say Cabaye, I saw Marveaux' :lol: Sounded class!

I'm guessing the lyrics were close to this?

The Kinks Ginola (Lola)

The Rest of the league don't understand, we've got Shearer Ferdinand and Ginola. La la la ginola

Yes we're the worlds most passionate fans, we look pretty cool cuz the Geordies rule with Ginola. La la la Ginola

He came to the toon and we gave him a chance, he's a superstar and he comes from France David Ginola. La la la Ginola.

Tune :-  Those were the Days

This is St James's Park

This is St James's Park

No matter what .... This is St James's park

how fat man cant you see

That this will ALWAYS be

ST JAMES'S PARK

THIS IS ST JAMES'S PARK.

na na na na nana  etc.

The Kinks Ginola (Lola)

The Rest of the league don't understand, we've got Shearer Ferdinand and Ginola. La la la ginola

Yes we're the worlds most passionate fans, we look pretty cool cuz the Geordies rule with Ginola. La la la Ginola

He came to the toon and we gave him a chance, he's a superstar and he comes from France David Ginola. La la la Ginola.

not sure about the lyrics but Ginola to Lola has my vote, im all in!

My dad called it st James park, do da do da

I still call it st James park, thats what itll always be.

Thats what it'll always be, thats what itll always

Well always call it st James park, that's what itll always be.

I think the tune is called Yankee do da.

Anyway, thats my attempt. I Hope we can come up with something good and hopefully something that doesnt mention ma or whatever hes calling our ground.

My dad called it st James park, do da do da

I still call it st James park, thats what itll always be.

Thats what it'll always be, thats what itll always

Well always call it st James park, that's what itll always be.

I think the tune is called Yankee do da.

Anyway, thats my attempt. I Hope we can come up with something good and hopefully something that doesnt mention ma or whatever hes calling our ground.

Camptown Races innit?

Guest Roger Kint

The Kinks Ginola (Lola)

Thats not the chant i remember tbh. Was 'Were the worlds most passionate fans weve got Peter Beardsley, Les Ferdinand and Ginola......' Never sung it with Shearer in personally.