Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Had a whole part (between ad breaks - whatever it's called :lol: ) on Ashley and Pardew on the Sunday Supplement (SS1) just now.

Seems they're (southern media?) Pardew fans.. "he's had a great managerial career", "I suppose the one criticism with Pardew as a manager is.." and so on. 

Also mentioning Moyes as replacement, but giving it the usual "why would he go there though?"

Good managerial career? :lol:

I'm with them on that, Moyes would have to be off his tits to come here.

Managing us could still be a great job, we've stuck with Pardew who has been s**** for 3 years out of 4.  The only problem we have is regarding players going and players coming in and I don't think we're a million miles from getting that right.  A new manager and Carr really should be able to work together, all it needs is for a manager to say go and find me a certain type of player and report back for the manager to decide which one to go for.

Had a whole part (between ad breaks - whatever it's called :lol: ) on Ashley and Pardew on the Sunday Supplement (SS1) just now.

Seems they're (southern media?) Pardew fans.. "he's had a great managerial career", "I suppose the one criticism with Pardew as a manager is.." and so on. 

Also mentioning Moyes as replacement, but giving it the usual "why would he go there though?"

Sacked from every club he's managed. :lol:

I see Southampton keep winning, and with all the players they lost. Must come from a manager that has a system new players just slot into. No magic required. Yet the media trot out the Cabaye line at every opportunity.

Sacked from every club he's managed. :lol:

I see Southampton keep winning, and with all the players they lost. Must come from a manager that has a system new players just slot into. No magic required. Yet the media trot out the Cabaye line at every opportunity.

The exact point that I thought about when all of those berks on Sunday Supplement piped on about 'too many new signings' 'Needing time to settle' and 'Great managerial career'.

Guest Geordiesned

96% of managers in the professional English football have more league wins than Alan Pardew.

Only him, Dyche, Poyet and Riga haven't won.

So 100% of English managers have a better win record than him this season.

To quote Pardew... "I'm having that!"

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think that's that bad tbh. They didn't praise Ashley either really, they said that our way of buying good players that the very top teams aren't looking at is a good idea, which it is. I despise Ashley, but I don't mind that method at all, it's the selling them at profit, the refusal to deviate from that method, the penny pinching when we need to strengthen, and the fact that we have the worst manager in this league and probably the one below managing them that I have a problem with. All of that before the other stuff you can get onto about him. But buying good players is a still a good idea, basically and I think for the most part we do that quite often.

I always hated Venables when he was a manager. Thought he was massively over-rated. Sure, won something with Barca but doesn't everyone and got England to the Euro semi finals but so did almost every manager of a home nation before him, yet the press fell over themselves for him like a bunch of fawning sycophants.

However 10 years down the line and he looks like the next messiah next to our current shitstain. My, how times have changed and expectations have lowered. :(